View Single Post
Aetas:
I 100% get that people don't use it with the intention of affecting gay people, and I personally don't have much of a problem with people using it like that. All I'm trying to do is bring awareness to the fact that some people may be affected by it and see what the people who say it a lot think when actually thinking about that. And in this situation it's not about whether they're trying to offend gay people or not, it's the fact that calling something gay is associated with something being bad and how seeing that can affect gay guys.

This whole thing is really the intentions vs effect it has debate, which I personally am kind of in the middle of. I don't think it's wrong of people to say it, I just think they should at least be aware of any negative impact it could have in certain situations. That's all.

And that part about me seeing no point in using those words is just my personal reason for not doing it, not me saying no one else should. I get that different words do have different effects and that's why people use it a lot.
Last edited by Budsi; Dec 24, 2018 at 09:30 PM.