Ranking
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
That's one of the most beautiful sets you've ever made! Would you define it realistic?

I will own all my favourite sets from Alejandro
Great for you Death29! I'm running low on TC atm

Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
Yeah I think I would define it as realistic , I'd been playing with directional shading in sets for a bit, most of the sets I'd done up until a certain point (maybe starting 10 sets back to the last one I've done) had straight 4 or 5 points of light in the preliminary render I make in blender whenever I start a set, it goes: a sun at the top, a few radial lights at the sides, bottom was usually a spotlight pointing up at the feet, and a sun at the back to balance the front.

I'd started doing different colors on one side (that experimentation didn't look too well necessarily, especially during movement it fell super flat) until I got to a good balance with more dramatic lights like in this paladin set, which I really loved landing.

I think this shot works especially well because the illumination of those shaders landed accurately on the set's light pattern, so it's a risk to do these sorts of dynamic shades, but when it works, it works super well, and the goal is for it to be that when it doesn't work too well it still looks sick.

It really worked out great, i agree that the illumination landed accurately. The detail that i love is the "rusty" parts in the golden parts of the armour, it demonstrates passion and dramatic effect imo. What's your best art (texture)?
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
It really worked out great, i agree that the illumination landed accurately. The detail that i love is the "rusty" parts in the golden parts of the armour, it demonstrates passion and dramatic effect imo. What's your best art (texture)?

Thank you ) I use all sorts of methods for achieving that kind of detail, usually texture work can be daunting specially when it's something like metal rust because a piece of metal holds more holistic properties than, say, a muscular texture where you know where everything is supposed to go.

As per "best" I believe I put my all into every single one of them and the goal is for the client to be happy with the results and fulfill their expectations, so I won't say best but I'll say at least the favorites of mine that come to mine

I love the DMT set I made, it is among my favorites, I was working at it for legit a whole month because I was in the middle of a trip and the client was incredibly chill and it was all around an amazing experience, and it is intensely detailed

Another favorite is definitely the death set, it flowed so cleanly and it lends itself so well to the silhouette. I didn't expect it to be so good but I trusted the process and it surprised me.

MC Ride was also a highlight from a conceptual sense, I had to reconstruct every single tattoo that Ride, the rapper from death grips, has, and I made a whole reference sheet for every single tattoo.

And of course the insane hellraiser set with texture work done on custom 3d items, a rarity that is an icnredible pleasure to partake in.
AND MY FAVORITE TRAILS EVER I FUCKING LVOE THESE TRAIL TEXTURES

pro

Honorable mentions for top 10 would be the Crusader set, all of my baki sets (baki, pickle, and oliva), and my recent king.
Last edited by Alejandro; Nov 25, 2023 at 09:30 PM.
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
Thank you ) I use all sorts of methods for achieving that kind of detail, usually texture work can be daunting specially when it's something like metal rust because a piece of metal holds more holistic properties than, say, a muscular texture where you know where everything is supposed to go.

As per "best" I believe I put my all into every single one of them and the goal is for the client to be happy with the results and fulfill their expectations, so I won't say best but I'll say at least the favorites of mine that come to mine

I love the DMT set I made, it is among my favorites, I was working at it for legit a whole month because I was in the middle of a trip and the client was incredibly chill and it was all around an amazing experience, and it is intensely detailed

Another favorite is definitely the death set, it flowed so cleanly and it lends itself so well to the silhouette. I didn't expect it to be so good but I trusted the process and it surprised me.

MC Ride was also a highlight from a conceptual sense, I had to reconstruct every single tattoo that Ride, the rapper from death grips, has, and I made a whole reference sheet for every single tattoo.

And of course the insane hellraiser set with texture work done on custom 3d items, a rarity that is an icnredible pleasure to partake in.
AND MY FAVORITE TRAILS EVER I FUCKING LVOE THESE TRAIL TEXTURES

pro

Honorable mentions for top 10 would be the Crusader set, all of my baki sets (baki, pickle, and oliva), and my recent king.

You fockin rocket mate! I love the Hellraiser and DMT. I wish you the best!!
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
TWO SETS

both amazing

couldn't post this one in november a lot of people would've cum

for two amazing people whom I thank profusely for commissioning.

special thanks and shoutout to Vxtxmxntz and KING aka lord bodhi

photo credit to Death29 aka da DEATH
Will be posting a set soon I'm starting it right now

I've been doing some other stuff (tattoo related) since I'm going to move and work full time as a tattoo artist
If you guys want to see the stuff I'm talking about here's an example:

the website leads to my tattoo ig hehehe