Ranking
View Poll Results: competition #3: which game ( on MAME )
woops
0 Votes / 0%
phailed
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Zaa's shmup competitions [competition #4 vote]
This thread is quite related to this one but is only for competitions, while the other is just a silly list of stuff I play.

Part of the point of these competitions is to get more people know of the genre and get into it.

current competitions:

Old competitions:

scores:
0000000 stg(stage):0(numbar) shp:(ship name) Name(3 letters)

ESP Ra.De. on MAME.

info on scoring system and such here: http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave...de/Esprade.htm

scores:
0000000 stg(stage):0(numbar) chr:(character)0(1,2 or 3.. left to right.) Name

1#

DARIUS GAIDEN on MAME, the saturn port(60hz) or the arcade cab if you have it (no taito legends 2 port, it has slowdown).
all settings on defaults, use ONLY ONE CREDIT per play.

please, no cheating or I will use my mod powars :]

0 000 000 zone order(like ABD..) Name
submit your scores in that format. Best score in one week from now...
22:30 GMT august 25th will win. However, If i myself win, no-one gets anything (I dont want to lose creds that easily )

bring it on.

About this game btw, I used to dislike it a bit but after learning it slightly more and getting to level 3 on one life, the difficulty stabilises, you get much better weapons and stronger shields. and kids! remember, dont go to that zone called M.
Last edited by Zaarock; Jan 5, 2008 at 11:44 PM.
Checked the game out and it seems decent though I've never been good at side/horizontal (w/e) scrollers, I don't know why...

Question popped to my head, how are you going to spot cheaters if there's any?
ya...
you're just saying to tell you your score...
wouldn't a screenshot or something be better?
even then, it could be edited...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Ownzilas> Alright
<Ownzilas> 3'2 then
<Ownzilas> Half PID's dick.

They'd definitely have to have a screenshot, but if he was really dedicated, he could check the exif for photoshop data.
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
lol looks like somethen outa megaman or one of them other cool pixel related games
Originally Posted by Dexter
if god is with me and if i belived in god and im sure he is in the room with me, i just wish he brought a extention cord

Well here's my score after playing some more, died 2 times in the fishy boss (damn those fin lazorzz P_p), made the next zone kinda nightmareish...

01325020 ABDH CheZ'Da
Heh, I got to zone L on the taito legends 2 port... It has shitloads of slowdown. H isnt that hard of a level really, the boss is really simple, and the level short. ( I still dare you to go to zone M )

edit: got a new highscore, neon light illusion killed me tho ( funkay naem )

edit2: zone G is annoying :o
miniboss snake on the left supries buttsexed me D: ( this is from mame, not taito legends )

edit3: beat folding fan without using a single bomb (learned how to dodge its rear turret thingeh )
got to neon light illusion without losing a single life!

edit4: got to zone L boss, double dealer ( keke ) and beat its first form.. then the little bombers stucked me to a corner and he shot spinny balls of doom D:

edit5: double dealers first form is really easy. got to zone q... midway the level I think, then while I was taking my screenie and looking up the score, I pressed esc ( quits mameosx ) cause I was accidentally in window screenshot mode.. fuck.

edit6: revenge! got to zone L without dying once, got hyper(golden) shield. almost 1lced double dealer, got to zone q with 3 lives left.

almost beat zone Q boss... but died.
Last edited by Zaarock; Aug 21, 2007 at 06:10 PM.
[16:15] <Zaarock> also, someone needs to post on the thread
[16:16] <Zaarock> I dont want to double post

Done and done
凸[◣_◢]凸 PRAISE LID 凸[◣_◢]凸 FUCK THA HATERS 凸[◣_◢]凸 PUT THIS IN YO SIG IF U DOWN 凸[◣_◢]凸
[16:57] <volt> 1 139 540 ABD

booooo
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Been playing competitive Team Fortress 2.
I added a poll now. Please vote which game you want for the second competition, both are for MAME.

the new prize system for the second competition will work like this: I am not a competidor anymore, however if someone beats my score.. he gets an extra 1000 credits, meaning a 3000 credit prize.

more will be told when the game has been picked :P

edit: i forgot to add. Blazing star runs on neogeo so to play it on MAME, you also need the neogeo rom. Keep both roms zipped and it will work just fine. also, I voted for esp. ra.de. to balance the votes because revolution didnt actually play the games before voting...

edit2: jokkers vote wont be counted either, as he apparently only played blazing star....
cmon, play the games before voting.

so, current actual vote is : 1-3

voting ends in 2 hours, 15:00 gmt
Last edited by Zaarock; Aug 26, 2007 at 03:22 PM.