View Single Post
Thread: PC Build
Seems like a well balanced build. I don't know your PSU brand, but if it's well regarded where you're from, go for it. If it's not well regarded, be very careful. Irregular power can fry your shit. The only other comment I have on PSU is that getting a gold/platinum rated PSU will save you money on your electric bill.

The rest of the build, like I said, appears very well balanced....
Except the case/motherboard.

Why are you putting a mATX board into a mid ATX tower? If you want to go micro, get a micro case. There are some really nice ones, but don't cheap out on the case either.
Spending a little more money on the case will:
1) make the build much easier. This is important if it's your first build, even with someone helping you.
2) keep your thermals lower, protecting your hardware for the future.
3) you won't have a pc you hate to look at.

Your build is quite future proof, do you really want to have that budget case for the next 5 years? Do you want to have to rebuild your whole rig when you get sick of looking at it? Is it noisy with a fan build? And if you really do want a mid tower case, consider getting an ATX motherboard: they have more features and room for upgrade in the future (though most people don't need 64 GB ram lol ; D), and are often cheaper because ATX is a bigger market.

Speaking of which, have you thought about cooling? Don't forget to make sure you have a few fans.

Good luck!!