View Single Post
Thread: [Community] Community Outreach
Originally Posted by Blagen View Post
The system of earning credits per fight for the full customization of your character seems pretty basic yet rewarding. But once you reach a point of being satisfied with your design, all that's left is the gameplay, as you don't tend to care about credits anymore.

I notice beginners don't know much about a lot of the features in the game, like setting bounties, emotes, looking at the stats of players. All little things that really have you appreciate the gameplay. Is there a tutorial that highlights these features for them?

The classic mods can get boring after playing them for years. If there were more variations added, or "fun mods" in public servers, it could spice up things for all players. I miss fighting with giant swords and playing joust flying at each other. Perhaps a public server that can cycle through mods?

hey! thank you for your kind words. i don't think there are any tutorials when just opening the game that explain how to use the interface and what's up and stuff like that. i'll pass this message on to the developers and see if a tutorial like this is possible to be made.
also while on the topic of tutorials, there was an in-game client tutorial being made by a few pro players about lenshu and movement and physics and all that stuff. some of them have went inactive but it should come out sometime. would anyone be interested in helping? Iris and Static were working on it with the help of Haku iirc.

classic mods truly can get boring and i agree with you on that. would you prefer the mod rotation to switch up every month or bi-monthly? what mods would the community want?
another thing i was thinking of was making it easier to obtain TC for beginners, but i'm not sure how to approach that. maybe raise the TC you get from public lobbies? raise the daily log-in TC? raise the tc from quests. just throwing out ideas

Originally Posted by thekill666 View Post
focus on making new ppl enjoy the game and advertise the game.
maybe a collab with pro toribash players sharing tips on one place inside toribash

right now, the only advertising this game is getting is from instagram reels, posts and tiktok's. the toribash tiktok page has like 23 million views last time i checked, which is insane for this game. i think a lot of people check it out and then get bored or it's too hard for them so they give up. maybe the interface tutorial would be a good idea.

Originally Posted by piss View Post
I think it’s already known that the forums are an integral part of the game’s longevity, and there are multiple players who have been playing the game for 4-5 years and have only 30 posts or less. Wether or not that’s an issue with the forums or the player I’m not sure, but what I do know is that there is also a clear divide between people active in game and people active on forums.

Practically any change that would combat this issue would improve the amount of activity, at least in theory. I would suggest rewards for achieving a certain number of posts; giving a unique un-tradable item could be sufficient enough.

it's been statistically known for years now that the majority of the player-base don't actually use the forums, most of the players in this game play in public lobbies and barely touch the forum. adding more client based events and making the forums accessible from the client(like the market, clans, etc) makes those people that are unaware of the forum be able to do everything they need to. it increases activity in events when they're held on the client, which is why we are trying to move a bit further away from forum events and hope to one day be able to have tournament brackets etc all held on the client. the forums likely won't go away, but nowadays people don't care about forums and would rather just play a game.

an award for receiving a certain amount of posts may lead to the forums being spammed. i'm not too keen on this idea personally.

Originally Posted by Froog View Post
what if toribash was on mobile. think about it read it 6 times

Not too sure about this.

Originally Posted by SmaBOOOOOOOris View Post

There needs to be more focus on in-game improvements and in-game active staff with vision for a change, because as it stands the game is still wayy too dependant on the forum, and old players don't seem to have an issue with that.

this is what we're trying to do right now, we're working on in-game improvements and right now i would say our staff team is stronger, fairer and smarter than it's been for a long time. there are many people that i've run ideas through, brainstormed with and talked to about what would be best for the game. everyone agreed that there's a huge divide between staff and player-base, now we're trying to remedy it.

i mentioned above that we're trying to move away from the forum.

Originally Posted by dyingderp View Post
thoughts about the mma community? ik you cant really hold etournies with high grav mods due to their length but has there been any other ideas brought up amongst staff about them?

personally i don't know much about the mma community. the only time i hear about it is when we receive reports about mma players being toxic towards each other so i would say my opinions on them might not be the best. i am impressed however, with the events the community has put together for itself and ES would love to support you in any way that we can. from what i know, staff haven't talked about the mma community much and if you would like to talk to some of us, feel free to shoot me or Typhon a DM.

Originally Posted by Blagen View Post
If 4 player fights are added for multiplayer, it would set in stone the epicness of this game for all of time.

https://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=652672 there is work being done on this, it might be coming to multiplayer soon, we're not sure.

thank you to everyone who took the time out of their day to talk to us. i'll be sending shiai to everyone who did the survey so far, have a good night!
Last edited by ancient; Feb 3, 2022 at 03:20 AM.
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn