View Single Post
Thread: [Community] Community Outreach
Originally Posted by SmaBOOOOOOOris View Post
While you make some good points, definitely, that's all directed towards already experienced and long-time players. Nothing wrong with it, but I think old players don't really care as much about things like rewards and events and whatnot, they're just in it for the community for the most part. What TB needs to focus on (in my opinion) is making the experience better for new players, cause that's where TB fails on every front. You could rework replay making events, etourneys, and everything inbetween, but that wouldn't benefit any new player cause they could never compete in such events. There needs to be more focus on making beginner experience WAY more enjoyable and implementing things that make people want to stick around after their first 10-100 games. Currently there is absolutely nothing catering towards that category, while experienced players always get events that might be not perfect, but are bound to be somewhat entertaining if you're good at the game.

Once you can maitain a good influx of new players, then you can start thinking about making it more enjoyable for the whole community, but as it stands, it's a dying game and something needs to be done to bring in new players rathen than keeping old timers entertained IMO.

You also make a very valid point, toribash is extremely unfriendly towards new players. But I think this whole dynamic is very important, it is extremely important that these new players have someone to look up to, I know for a fact that's how I got where I am today. I remember in 2014 when I'd watch Mocucha's videos and think to myself: "wow I really hope i can be that good some day!". It's important to draw new players in, but perhaps giving them something to look forward to when they're better would also help, the same way it did to me. Of course, they will have the stock replays to watch and the old videos to discover, but it really is not the same as being in a server with someone you really admire, and just seeing them in action.

I still do feel like everything you said is valid, but I don't think it's ALL of the problem, if you know what I mean. I believe I might just be thinking about myself a little too much here, so thank you for your insight and for the productive response, I didn't really think about things that way.
fimmy toribsah discorD DECAPgo be on fire somewhere elseₜₕₑ fᵢᵣetck listener