View Single Post
Thread: [Community] Community Outreach
Originally Posted by iris View Post
You also make a very valid point, toribash is extremely unfriendly towards new players. But I think this whole dynamic is very important, it is extremely important that these new players have someone to look up to, I know for a fact that's how I got where I am today. I remember in 2014 when I'd watch Mocucha's videos and think to myself: "wow I really hope i can be that good some day!". It's important to draw new players in, but perhaps giving them something to look forward to when they're better would also help, the same way it did to me. Of course, they will have the stock replays to watch and the old videos to discover, but it really is not the same as being in a server with someone you really admire, and just seeing them in action.

I still do feel like everything you said is valid, but I don't think it's ALL of the problem, if you know what I mean. I believe I might just be thinking about myself a little too much here, so thank you for your insight and for the productive response, I didn't really think about things that way.

on this discussion, what about a tab on the UI menu that says like media or something? and there's videos of mocucha, concon or whatever in there for people to look at? and it gets updated sometimes or the videomakers have access to them themselves? sounds like an interesting idea i wonder if sir would implement that
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn