View Single Post
That's a fun replay.

My process usually goes like, "I want to do ___", and I think about how I would do it in real life. I get an approximate motion going, and then I go back and refine it. Maybe clean up the swing of a limb here, coordinate for more power there, but you don't want to go overboard. A lot of the time, the most efficient movements are the ones that happen naturally. It's your job at that point to just stay out of the way. I could have kept making adjustments to my shoulder joint or something, to pinpoint strike a particular spot, but each time I change direction, I'm taking potential power out of the strike, and slowing it down. So most of the time, I spend a bunch of time fine tuning the set up, but then I let the strike happen largely on its own, using the momentum I developed earlier on. With that sort of methodology, you end up looking a lot less like a robot (it also helps if you don't keep your elbows and knees extended all the time), and a little more like a person. And as in real life, your hips lead your kicks, and your torso leads your punches. Big movements to small.

Also, I've been playing since the middle of last year.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."