View Single Post
Thread: Horse stance
People don't seem to understand that this is a game not an exact clone of real life, you're best off actually focusing on style rather than realism.

I really hate to pull this as I feel like an asshole, but as it seems like the only way to give my opinion some form of value to you...

Alright, you're acting heavily pretentious (You're attempting to tell people how to spar using "advanced" techniques, when you are not able to grasp advanced techniques yourself) , and there are many different ways to punch, but a stance completely causes restricts your movement.

The fact you don't go out of your own comfort zone when it comes to spars and other things is basically causing you not to improve, I would recommend this to you more than anyone else, as you're affecting newer members of the community... Experiment. Seriously... If you keep experimenting and playing around with things, you won't be using this shit of a horse stance and you may actually start improving yourself rather than ramming it into other people.

Most sparrers aren't in "bad faith to recognize it", they've just moved on from something which is horrible.

Be open to other styles, as you can learn so much more, and you could actually benefit the newer community by learning yourself and helping them develop a more unique style rather than some specific technique which doesn't apply to every situation.

I am guessing you'll act offended to this, and I'm not intending to offend you, I'm just saying the truth and getting my message in the only way I see fit

Oh, and I forgot about the opinion thing, I hate to say this as it also makes me feel like a dick, but I can safely say that I'm much more experienced than you when it comes to spars/replay making, so you attempting to tell me concepts of this game isn't actually the best idea, considering what I said before (You have trouble grasping concepts in spars yourself).
Last edited by notnoob; Aug 17, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Sold my dog to join RRO