View Single Post
Thread: Lua Extension
Originally Posted by Juntalis View Post
I'm going to hold off on the explanation of why this level of AI could be easily beaten by an average human player with just a little strategic sense. Still a bit groggy at the moment, and can't seem to properly translate my thoughts to words.

The main problem with this kind of feedback is that it can use the engine to process choices, whereas if we don't allow enginebased AI simulation, as for example in SC1 compared to SC2 the tools necessary are at our disposal. Now that said a fully engine-based AI would not work that well, but having it learn a pattern and make "correct" decisions based on the action-state feedback from the game itself would highly improve the functionality as a "working" AI.

That said, the complexity of movement in Toribash would be hard to decode into an expression on the base of cause and response as found in simple games, but having direct-feedback instead of fully pattern based decisions would highly suggest the possibility of creating more of an AI than a player script.

That said, I have never written an AI with much complexity at all, more of pattern based-scripts. Howeever, even I see a method of developing an "AI" (on the form of simulation-based material and post-processing AND live-feedback from the client) which would "work" as intended as long as the computer handles the engine at a which speed, and now that we can turn of the graphical overlay already, I see no reason why we would allow bots being developed.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!