View Single Post
Thread: Lua Extension
I'm still not quite understanding the basis for your opposition. Obviously using lua to implement an AI isn't the most optimal solution. Anyone with a basic understanding of code execution could understand that, even those without experience writing AIs. I don't see why that should disqualify the possibility to even attempt it, though.

Following up on Leel's farming point, there's nothing currently stopping me from implementing this functionality even without the requested lua bindings. I've already previously released a proof of concept for hijacking the lua context initialization in order to add third party lua C-extensions to the global context. It'd be a pretty simple matter to build on that existing code in order to bring in an lua FFI interface, use that to load in a redistributable build of ODE, and recalculate the physics based on the Toribash constants that I've acquired in previous projects. As a developer, however, I really dislike the idea of recalculating values that haven't changed, and including a second copy of a library that's already statically linked.