View Single Post
Okay this is a great step from your previous tutorial, on which many people disliked. i agree with a couple points in this. yes, definitely take breaks every once in awhile and allow your brain to wake up again, wonderful point.

i believe feelings do matter, especially with this game. if you're feeling depressed and anxious, you likely won't do well in toribash. whereas if you're feeling great and ready, you'll probably do better than usual, or at least perceive yourself as better.

and also you saying that to keep your ego in check, that it's okay to not be the best? absolutely fantastic point. it is perfectly fine to not be the best, and you do have to realize that there are always better people than you. i agree with you 100% on that.

overall, good tutorial, with some great points. kudos to you for leaving your ego out of it as well, it made for a much more enjoyable reading experience

Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Uh, what if I already don't play for the competition?
And I take breaks reasonably.
or have next to nothing of an ego. (I don't believe the ego thing is needed, a lot of players already have an inflated ego)

Have any tips that could help me improve?

Also nice "tutorial" really makes you take a step back.

Lucy, alot of people struggle like this. some people just hit a learning block that they can't get past. i think the best thing you can do is get online and spar, parkour, or trick with better, more established members. learn from them, analyze their replays, ask questions about how they run and why they do that. don't ask exactly how they move, ask why they do it. most parkourists won't be able to answer exactly what they're doing, but they CAN tell you why they're doing it. for example, i load up on my front leg and transfer my weight forward when i launch up somewhere high. why? because loading up allows a smooth transition while keeping upward and forward movement.

i do think a bit of an ego is needed to improve. i know a guy who trained with me when he was just starting out. he was horrible at the game, downright terrible. now, i watch his replays, and i notice that in a mp match, he could match me if he tried. his fatal flaw is that his confidence is very low. if he had more confidence in his ability, he would've surpassed me long ago.

all in all, if you're looking to become a replay maker, the best thing to do is practice, practice, practice. that, and hook up with better members, and learn from them. always try new things, and never be afraid to take a risk
hope this helped!
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord