View Single Post
Thread: [Will Not Be Implemented] Upgrade tori control system | IK controls
To be fair, TB being unique in its gameplay is the drawback, with so many games sharing mostly the same systems is easy to get hold of them, but they are also easy to learn.
For example, you get in a FPS game for the first time, you get to move the mouse and walk with WASD or arrow keys, and anything else is secondary, crouching, aiming, etc. You get to use all the controls over time and get better.
But in TB you get rid of the easy part AND the shared gameplay system, resulting in invest all the skills in one game, one game that, from the point of view of even its community, is dead. Of course you can say games die, but that's not necesarilly true because there are games from the '00 era that have a good playerbase, but that's because the games are good enough, aside from system requirements.

While I don't like major changes in games that just want to retain its players, this is a needed one. I'm not sure how are you imagining tb with this change, but fighting will have the very same amount of unpredictiveness, and you can't compare it to a 3d model editor where physics are not applied.
I would also like to say again, this is meant to?/should be more like move like you want, not like you can, with the limited 1 axis per joint and stuff.

And if it's not about the controls as you say Mack, only time will tell.