View Single Post
Thread: [Art] Weppet's new art thread
Originally Posted by Xioi View Post
Honestly the grit and feel to your stuff is just amazing. Not good at cncing art in general. But fucking hell do i love your style of making it.

Thanks a lot Xioi, always appreciate your support.

Originally Posted by Swepples View Post
I've noticed that when looking at some things, it can get hard to know what you're looking at.

Take the "Extinction" head for example. It's not clear that it's actually a reptile based head until you actually spin it around 360 degrees and look at each eye and find the teeth.

While your contrast is epic, you should play more with shading, it's just too damn grainy.

Good stuff as always, cheers!

I had quite a few problems to solve with Extinction, and not everything turned out how I wanted. The idea was to make a T-rex head, but once I got into drawing it I had to decide whether to make it look like a T-rex putting its eyes on the sides, or to make the front look more recognizable. I didn't go one way or the other so it turned out messy, the mapping isn't the best since I'm not familiar with that kind of dinosaur stuff.

About shading, I'm specifically going for that kind of grainy look, it makes the texture look like an old crappy black and white photograph. It adds a certain degree of realism if done correctly and it goes hand in hand with horror stuff. However I could try to tone it down a bit and shade it more on certain surfaces if I see that it doesn't fit, it's mainly up to a person's taste how much grainy is too much grainy.