View Single Post
Thread: [Game] How to free run
Originally Posted by HyperBlood View Post
Err please help I can run pretty good i guess but the launcher needs work and i cant stop myself without screwing off everything! I cant horse stance. And also any parkour mod i do i can never jump (trust me i watched how to spar and how to free run like 5 times each no luck) The pros make it look easy. Can someone pls help?(also i cant run again once in horse stance No clue)

REFER TO ATTACHED REPLAY. I EDITED YOURS FOR SIMPLICITY'S SAKE.

When trying to run, I highly suggest that you use Shift+Space to get the precise timing when moving your joints. In the swexxmod.tbm replay, you tried to jump way too early. The ramp changes the direction of your momentum so that when you jumped on top of it and tried to do a forward jump, you went straight up/backwards. Kinda similar to blocking (physics/parkour term). It'd be easier if you just run up the ramp and just push off of it. It would also help if you have your arms ready beforehand so that you can raise it and get even more momentum.

If you're having trouble with the leaning, you should try to bend your knees. It's personal preference whether you want to do it all the time or just when you need it, but it really helps when you're leaning too much, moving too fast, or landing from a great height.

Now if you're not leaning enough, I think you can compare this to the March Maneuver in QWOP. You make one step which causes you to sometimes lean back a huge amount, so you have to hold position and wait until your stepping foot is closer to the ground and is actually in front of you. The big boy version is to relax/hold the hip behind you and contract the other while/before making a step.
Attached Files
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays