View Single Post
Thread: [Game] How to free run
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
You can't just watch a video and expect to be great. Practice practice practice. About the test_2 thing, I get it all the time too. I've posted about it in the support/suggestions board, and they just tell me to type /loadmod xspar.tbm. I've told them that it's an annoying hazard, but nobody agrees that it's enough to change. Try just running around on the ground, or trying new parkour maps. It's much different to run on a modded surface than the regular floor. Go through your runs frame by frame, step by step, and edit where needed. Besides, your run isn't bad either. Just don't lean over quite as far, and add some pec movements for realism.

BTW, I watched this when it first came out and it was a great vid. It didn't really teach me how to run, but it told me how to smooth it out and such, and what to change and when. GJ

No you dont get it. I followed his instructions exactly, down to the last little change, and it would not work. I understand that eventually i need to learn myself, but thats not the point. I not so sure its me that is the problem.