Originally Posted by mark2766 View Post
nice work. this will help all the new palyers alot

Originally Posted by Autoz View Post
Many people have struggled to make a decent aikido/sambo tutorial, but this is the best I've seen.

Read this carefully, noobs.

thanks for the love

Originally Posted by subzero6 View Post
i took the advice, and won 8 games in a row

Congratz on your wins, I'm glad I could help!

Originally Posted by Zacsterr View Post
Wow, this is really good.
This must help a lot of new players, look at what the guy above me got ;)

But I dare say, this teaches them how to shovel :|

Thanks for the compliments ;)

Of course it teaches them the shovel - the test in my psot is to make a shovel - but I believe that the shovel is an important part of the learning process of aikido - first of all, the shovel is the first thing that teaches newbies about shifting their weight, using the power in their legs, and to a small degree, balancing, all of which are essential parts of aikido. Secondly, the shovel is what introduces a newbie to counters/reversals/comebacks in aikido. Let me explain ; if one newbie (green/blue belt or so) outshovels the other newbie, then the shoveled newbie will try, desperatly, to find counters against shovel in order to avoid eating ground. After being shoveled 10 or so times the newbie will do their first reversal - and with it their first step into a bigger world of aikido.

When I do my next post on green/blue belt aikido, I will give several examples of countering shovels, to give newbies insperation on trying to counter the dreaded move. But for now, I have to show them the way of lifting, the way of pushing, and the way of ballance - for without them, they are lost in the next stage. I am, in esscence, teaching them to shovel now, so that they can avoid to shovel later.
tl;dr: deprived is spergin'