View Single Post
Originally Posted by dyingderp View Post
My real suggestion, though, is for there to be a very obvious way for new players to load a mod OTHER THAN AIKIDO when they make a room!!!!! It would genuinely be huge for people to load up the game and choose what to play on without having to use an unexplicit shortcut or clicking on the two inconspicuously named buttons called "tools" and "mod list." Remember that noobs aren't searching for "mods" but rather the "map" to play on, so hiding those behind "mod list" which is hidden under the vague and unfun term "tools" which is itself tucked into the righthand side of the main menu away from every other option is pretty counterproductive.

My solution is that the mod list opens automatically when you make a room or open freeplay. This sounds like something that should be very easy to add to the game right now. Also I could've sworn that the shortcut ctrl+m was actually on the mod list, but it isn't as far as I can tell, so that should be added as well so that people can memorize the shortcut for when they have the menu closed but want to load a mod.

Just a note that this is how new room creation interface looks in 5.60: