View Single Post
Thread: [Texture] HUG's textures showcase
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
weppets stuff is very intricate but his art has been declining at a consistent rate in my opinion. i really can not tell what is going on at this point with the heads he makes everything is so dark and overdetailed. i feel like theres more i can say but i cant think right now, maybe im totally wrong but thats my view of it

and i assume all u did is the coloring

Thanks for speaking your mind Wounder. I can see what you mean for the Meltdown texture, I made it to be a cluster of stuff since the theme is that sort of messy robotic being.
I think the "everything being darker" part of the last textures comes from me lowering my tablet sensitivity to avoid ruining its surface by pressing too much on it. You are totally right that I need to pay more attention on dark values since I keep pressing as much as before but with different settings. I'll work on it.
Overdetailing is a thing, but in the end I think it comes down to personal preference, like everything. Meltdown, as I said, was appositely made to be a clusterfuck of metal, while I honestly don't see the overdetailing on Son of Yuggoth since there are some very detailed parts but others that are completely empty.
I appreciate your CnC, if there's other stuff that comes to your mind feel free to tell me.

I hope Hug doesn't mind me answering here.