View Single Post
Thread: [Community] Community Outreach
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
Hello, i decided to make this post about something that has been "annoying" me a lot lately. Main points i will cover:

• misleading tiktoks
  • no advertisement to make toribash more known
  • no real gameplay showcasing
I want to talk about is the lack of promotion of toribash on social platforms and the "lack of effort" in producing ads/promoting toribash.

After seeing this post by Shmevin on this thread:
I decided to visit the toribash tiktok profile, but what i saw there was not what i expected, the content is maybe entertaining to some, but it really shows no gameplay or how the game really is (multiplayer and competitive gameplay). Even with singleplayer videos, it doesn't show what the game is about, it's just very realistic footage that shows the game as some easy ragdoll movement game.
I'm not here to say that the person behind the tiktok is doing a bad job, but it just feels like they're not showing the game for what it is, it just confuses players that might decide to play the game. I asked some players in the community and they don't understand the purpose for this content either, the replaymaking is a good showcase but there is no multiplayer gameplay or just competitive replays?
I asked the players on the server i was on how they found out about toribash, and these were the answers I got:
https://imgur.com/a/xigLa7a
https://imgur.com/a/kjPoJmW

Apparently, none of them knew through advertisements, maybe its because they are not common or never even existed? i dont know. Meanwhile, someone who is not being rewarded in any way creates content just for a hobby (talking about this), which is pleasant to watch (obviously, players who do not know the game will not be interested in videos like this, but you can see the i mean about creating quality content).

One reason why i constantly mentioned tiktok is because it did work in the past, i do remember a video going viral and we had 400+ players in-game at the same time. It might make sense to advertise the game better, pay streamers or other content creators to talk about toribash. Maybe better quality of videos could help, with more focus on whats going on?

Well, my comment is not a criticism or anything.
We can see that even the gentleman who released the normal toribash updates took a break from the main game, as the release of toribash nest is so close, the game is already past version 1.0. I think nabi estudio will only spend money on advertising with the release of toribash nest. I believe that what can happen is the community joining, some good people in replays making some videos for platforms like tiktok and etc, and some good people who are influencers within their areas or who know how to manage social networks, it all depends on the community. it is more than clear that we will not have any kind of publicity for the normal toribash coming from the company (nabi estudio) responsible for the game itself in such a short time, with the release of toribash nest so close.