Re: Way of the Kitsune!
sorry for the double post, but i have to, the tutorial is to long for one post, as the maximum number of characters in a post is 20,000.

Advanced toribash.

Right, there's no order for this, it's one big gulp of learning to be a pro toribash player:

First off, to be a pro you must learn your own style, there are many styles of the toribash world, and the 2 main sections that these fit into are "Limp" and "tense". "limp" is to never hold all, to move without holding, this is a very favored pro technique, and maximises defence... while tense is a way to fight that is fast, damaging and intensely powerful, however you can break your self in the process.

Personally i prefer to use both limp and tense depending on the situation, my style is to asses the opponents attack, asses my chance of blocking it, and the to move in a way that defends me and confuses the opponent... your style can be anything, even stolen from a movie if you like =)

once you have a style things will start falling into place, but you still got to work at it to become the best. things that you need to consider while fighting are:

if on the next turn you will snap from strain
if you will be hit
if you will touch the ground
how much weight you are putting on your legs/arms
how badly damaged you already are
if you can hit the opponent

and make sure you do it in that order... i see many people dieing from my attacks because of my collateral damage style, what my style dose is it damages the opponent just enough so if they put to much strain on it, it will break... remember damage CAN add up on your limbs and when they are damaged they break real easy.

a thing people find hard is to save them selves from hitting the ground, all i can say on that is remember to watch your ghost, if it says that you will hit the ground, you will... in that case move a foot or hand over that to stop your self.

Advanced limb movement.

while you can stop your self if you have enough time, often you don't have enough time, so you got to learn to dance in toribash to avoid hitting the ground... DQ is the most common way to lose. and I'm telling you now, dancing is important to this game, if you can dance you can move faster than the opponent, practice this ALL the time so that you can learn what to move where.

Double grabbing:
if the opponent has grabbed your hand, you can make use of this nasty trick, a hand may only be grabbing onto one thing at a time, but if they grab you you can still grab something else...

say they grab your hand and then contract, your arm is stuck on there chest, so set it onto grab and you rip there arm off and then run away with it

Super rotation:
this is a VERY powerful attack, often referred to as "the nukem", where both characters kick each other... they both swing at each other with all of there body making a huge force build up, known for being the most powerful move in toribash... almost...

Counter rotation:
by thrusting one leg one way, and the other, the other way, you can build up even more power than the nukem, and only one person has to move... it's deadly, and easy... however this is one you got to figure out for your self ;)

tips:

move your chest and lumbar allot, they can help you out of sticky situations
your neck and abs control your motion forwards and backwards... they are central to fighting.

wrists break VERY easily, make sure to grab, AND un-grab at the right time, and nearly always relax your wrists.

if you find ground rapidly approaching put your arms and legs out to stop it, NOT i repeat NOT only one arm, if the opponent has hit that arm, it will break on contact with the ground and you will die.

ALLWAYS relax a limb if it's about to be hit hard.

remember all that and you should be able to formulate a strategy to never DQ and to always win!

a final note; try to outsmart your opponent, do something they don't expect, sometimes completely random movement can help incredible amounts.