View Single Post
Thread: [Community] Community Outreach
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Yeah, I feel like the community is hesitant to use its resources since it was somewhat big for several years. Basically, for something really good to happen, something drastic needs to change. Unfortunately, jusy doing the same things better, I doubt it will cut it. That’s why OFL was good I think. We literally bought the market out of orc forces and inflated the price to about 1k for a couple weeks. I’m pretty sure orc force became the new cool for awhile. People were wearing full Orc and such, couple maxed out servers, etc. We have great great tools to do super fun things. Ill totally reach out again when I have time to do the next league. Specifically, a lot of toricredits are necissary. The staff would have to be ok with funding something for the purpose of buying out the market lol.

if you would be interested in hosting another event similar to that, you have ES support. because of your and some other players posts, ES has been brainstorming for about a day now about future potential events, competitive and single-player. there are some in development right now and i think the community would like them.
Originally Posted by ElCuloMamao View Post

look at my message above.

Originally Posted by Bibian View Post
Events:

The best events Toribash ever had are those that are new, unique, competitive and fun. TPL, OFL and EO, those are 3 examples of events that went super popular for couple of reasons, new, unique, competitive and fun.
An event idea of something that's never been done before will get very high percentage of eyeballs focused on it, instead of repeatedly hosting the same events over and over.

In terms of event prizes, raise it a little! 3k TC for completing a task in an event isn't enough at all, and don't assume all players are beginners so 3k would look big in their eyes. If it's not worth getting then most people wouldn't even participate.

Events Funding:

The Event Squad should fund and promote new events made by the people. Staff should always ask for people opinions and ideas for new events.

Sometimes a player could have a brilliant idea for an event but does not have TC or decent prizes to offer to make an event. That takes foresight and courage as a leader as an admin to say I will make sure we fund this because this is the RNA of our game and maybe one day this will bring more new people to the game, and can certainly be as new ideas for Toribash Youtube content makers or Instagram reels which also would bring more new people to the game, that's what has to happen.

thank you for your well-thought out message! right now, i'm not planning on making big events and then stopping. i want, and the team wants to make events way often and better. prizes will definitely be explored more, like perhaps for some bigger ones we could give player badges on their user page, like the WC winners. i would like to mention again if anyone has any ideas feel free to put them in the survey or post them here, and they'll be debated with the team.

Originally Posted by iris View Post
What I consider to be the biggest issue in Toribash, is the neglect for the game and refusal to do anything new. Radical changes absolutely need to happen to every area of the game, modmaker being one of the most problematic ones IN MY OPINION due to how incredibly outdated it is. But there's other blatant issues such as how staff don't care about the competitive scene, at least when it comes to actually doing events. Sponsoring Kane/Fl0w's Endurance Onslaught was an amazing call though.
The neglect for replaymaking as a whole is also BEYOND flagrant. The closest thing we get to that nowadays is some "parkour" event which is actually just a race for the finish line, which really doesn't say much when we talk about replaymaking. There's absolutely no support for ukebashing, sparring, tricking, parkouring, MMA, nothing. Where is SP Cup? Why don't we do more events catering towards replaymakers? They're a huge part of the community, and I'd argue they love the game more than most, so why is there nearly no support being shown? I understand that judging replays may be subjective, but still, at least there'd be something.

I also find that areas like the stock folder and the Torilegends are totally mishandled by those responsible, not intentionally though. It's just that deciding who is currently good or important would take people who actually are active in the game currently, which is definitely not what happens. This leads to issues like the latest stock change, where for the first time EVER in the history of Toribash, a player got 5 of his own replays put in there. This is something that used to be absolutely frowned upon, I vividly remember Millie saying the only way you'd get into stock with more than 1 replay is if you were an absolutely amazing player such as Swexx, where are those values now?

SP cup and similar replay-making events are now being discussed. as for legends, you can PM any SMod+ about any legend nomination and explain properly what you think and why you think that. anyone wanting to make nominations should go ahead.
what would you suggest for the ETourney part?

Originally Posted by skizz View Post
we’ve actually been getting a decent amount of new players to stick around lately. it’s just that they’re not forum active.

not trying to counter your point since this game does need some form of incentive to keep new players engaged. here’s a few things that i can think of:

1. Battlepass - Allow players to have the ability to grind for something every ranking season for a decent tier 100 reward.

2. Global Ranking Leaderboards - This offers another reason players could start grinding. Bragging rights, self improvement, potential end of season rewards, etc.

3. Ranked mode - Test your skill against other players of the same skill level in multiple different competitive mods. I would prefer that they separate the comp mods into their own individual ranked servers because some players (like me) would like to play their main mod.

4. Qi - I personally feel that it takes way too long to earn cool looking stuff to put on your tori when some items are locked behind 20,000 games and on top of that they are very expensive. I’ve played 12,000 games in the past 3 or so years and still can’t get the colors that I want.

battlepass has been thought about before, it's a priority but not that high, at the moment we're working on some other things. what kind of things does the community have to say about a free battlepass? it seems fun to me but i have no ideas for it at the moment.

ranked is coming as soon as we get the item done so just stay patient for that.

i understand your point about the QI but it's a bit harder to tackle because we have thousands of players who've put in their time and effort into getting custom belt and all their effort would be for naught if restrictions were lowered.
about beginner events and beginner retention, it might be possible to make ST easier to get for beginners, say on their first month or something the ST they make is doubled, but it might be abused. maybe some events made specifically for beginners in the client, i'm not sure. or... no qi stuff from battlepass

thank you to everyone for posting. i've been a bit busy lately and unable to give more in-depth explanations. if you want anything clarified, let me know and i'll make a post once i can. i'll be sending out ST from survey shortly, and i also have an announcement to make.

MS have made an outreach survey and would like everyones input on it. ST for this survey will also be provided.
https://forms.gle/9LoC2DCGQJFQZ3Tz9
Updated OP also.
Last edited by ancient; Feb 4, 2022 at 07:15 PM.
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn