View Single Post
Thread: [Will Not Be Implemented] Upgrade tori control system | IK controls
to clarify, talking about
Noribash Text

it is called Inverse Kinematics, for those who don't know what's that - google it before replying to this thread, you will spare us some time and nerves

i also thought about something similar recently, as after my interactions with blender and animation it became quite clear that the current control scheme doesn't work, and nobody in their sanity would bother to waste years to learn how to control the tori, in order to do some basic movements,

if i was a new player - i would not even fire up toribash twice
the controls are not for humans
i can achieve much more and much faster in blender,
and any new player would expect to have at least that fluidity of control
the fact that i spent 10 years to master how current assward controls works to freely do some basic movement does not mean that it's good or skillful
as the matter of fact the game for me is about moving how i want, not necessary fighting controls

something like this would work quite well imo, or even without the hotkeys, but this kind of windrose

so you select an IK part, like... wrists/elbows/feet/knees
when you selected it, this windrose shows up next to it
you grab X with mouse and it moves on X plane like shown in video
you grab Y - y plane, well you got the idea

toribash is a ragdoll physics based fighting game, with great focus on customize-ability and userr-generated-content, not necessary "CLICK ON THESE BALLS" game,

so as long as it will follows these principles, i'm all for streamlining the game and making it as straightforward as it possible.

meaning straightforward easy to pick up ways to customize characters, make mods

and most importantly easy to control...

the complexity of the game arise not from complexity of controls, but from understanding what, when and how should be done

@Bowblend, nevermind these children, none of them know what they are talking about. they never fired up blender/maya and probably never will, due to the fact that they are bound to antient hardware, and the only reason they even play this game is simply because nothing else runs on their toasters,
what you say is logical and obvious for anyone who was ever exposed to 3d modeling / animation, so keep it up, you are not alone, mate!
Last edited by snake; Jan 6, 2018 at 01:42 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15