View Single Post
Thread: [Game] 10k tourney
Originally Posted by samux57 View Post
Seems u missed the part of "casual player" The reason why I didn't focus on Etourneys and events hosted by staff is precisely because of it. I am aware they do their job very well, however using these as example of how to earn money as a CASUAL player is kind of a yikes. Not only do they usually take significantly longer than the regular in-game tourneys but as you said "2 events per day on avg", meaning if a player happens to not log in while these 2 events per day happen, or even if they do happen to get in one of them but they lose once they're fucked
My focus is on the in-game tourneys that available rn, being 1.5k and 2.5k which are close to useless
A casual player won't bother to fuckin hunt events made by staff in order to earn tc because at that point it isn't casual.

Originally Posted by list View Post
The grind factor exists in every video game - i.e. if you wish to obtain a considerable amount of in-game currency, items, rewards; you have to put in the hours? I'm thinking out loud here. My point may be summarized as such that even for a "casual player" (unsure how you define it precisely), it is difficult to miss out on opportunities given the frequency they're available in.

I think part of this frustration could be solved easily.

Why do players want TC in the first play? To buy colors and other items to customise their toris and shit. The problem is a good chunk of these items cost wayyy to much (with respect to amount of games won and time spent). Like, they're absurdly expensive.

10tc per win, match takes 2 minutes, 30 matches to an hour (with no queue). Assume a standard 50% winrate and you're getting a grand total of 150TC per hour. Blossom blood would take around 70 hours to buy from the store lol. You can buy items quite cheaper on the market sure, but their price is ultimately also affected by their base price in the shop. Getting enough TC to get together a full set of pretty much any color would require an insane amount of grinding.

Make the items cheaper. That won't happen though, cus else newbies will have less reason to buy TC and provide hampa with his passive income.
Sure would make for a better game experience for newer people though.

Also, I think Samux is right when he talks about the casual player not being aware of all the various events and stuff going on. It's not like there's a regular day every week where there's just constantly tourneys on every single hour. It's very hit and miss for the casual player whether there's an ingame event on when they themselves are online. It's an even further hit and miss when you consider their odds of winning.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 12, 2023 at 05:21 PM.