View Single Post
I feel like the players that do not use forums will most likely stay unaware or uninterested in such feature. It also requires quite a few steps that I believe could be avoided.

Ideally it would be awesome to see this somehow integrated into the game itself, even if it's still just a text editor. For example, you go into "create tutorial" section, there you can "create new" (or "edit existing tutorial") and have an in-game text editor with all of the available commands displayed on the side or something.

artist's rendition

Then clicking a "create tutorial" button would automatically create the two required files, as well as import all the text into them. It could also give a shortcut to importing by suggesting to download the runTutorial.lua for easy import, or if the script is already available then simply import it straight away for a preview of the creation.

As a cherry on the top, a tutorial hub, kinda like replay sharing, would be amazing addition as that would actually make for great sharing platform, which would incentivise users to create tutorials in the first place.

Just to be clear: in no way am I saying that this new feature is bad or useless, I'm simply suggesting how to make it even more accessible and user-friendly.
Last edited by Smaguris; Jun 17, 2019 at 03:40 PM.