If you're fighting a sparrer who is throwing weak hits, he clearly is sparring "cooperatively" meaning he expects you to work with him and make his hits and moves look good. He's focusing on the visuals of the spar. Rather than the competitive nature.

and he will allow you to do the same without interruption.

If you're fighting a player who goes all out and tries to go for points rather than the visual nature of the spar. You are fighting a Competitive sparrer. They will sometimes give up the visual nature of looking cool to get points. MAS players make up a lot of these sparers.

But there are a good handful of sparrers who come from both Comp and Cooperative, and will give you a challenge and throw powerful attacks while also focusing on looking good and their technique.

It just takes more skill to do both of those, so there are fewer sparrers who can do that right. But they exist. But before you start spars, make it clear you want a competitive spar. And you'll find it to be a little more challenging. and people will get less upset.

because it is very annoying to go into a spar expecting/asking cooperative, and the other person goes crazy competitive. Because to some people having a clean, nice looking spar is important.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297