Ranking
Original Post
Apologies.
Sorry everyone but it seems a couple of events have stalled out, namely the following:

Hyper Cypher
GM's got served

We'll be bringing more big events for you guys to compete in shortly, pleaase bear with us.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Never forgive. Demand full pure for all as a compensation.
"Yes, I am, in fact, inferior to McDill"
-B3st3v3r
Originally Posted by McDill View Post
Never forgive. Demand full pure for all as a compensation.

Agreed, non-participating members should also receive compensation.
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
Agreed, non-participating members should also receive compensation.

Agreed 100% to the fullest! Will organize a picket line if demands are not met.

no offense but if you guys are struggling to keep large events from failing perhaps you shouldn't plan on bringing more large events but instead work on smaller ones which are more manageable.
the god
I agree with culapou here.

Just make the events super fun
maybe an event with prizes for everyone
or maybe a fun event with no prize

Here is a better idea:
Make me a GM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by TheGod View Post
no offense but if you guys are struggling to keep large events from failing perhaps you shouldn't plan on bringing more large events but instead work on smaller ones which are more manageable.

Couldn't agree more.

The toribash ladder

*Event that was supposed to run for atleast a few months lasted for 15 days if not less.
*Those who actually put effort and made it to top 3/5 didn't get ANYTHING. I made it from 36th position to 1st and held that position ever since. Three months later I realised that I will most likely not get anything, so I contacted GMs and what I got was a 10k or 15k worth item if I recall correctly. And I believe I was the only one who received something.

Nabi's replays making competition

Originally Posted by Oblivion
Smells a bit like Nabi's Replay Making Championship all over again. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=217512
(Huge delay, laughable prizes)

World Championship 2011

*Second/third place prizes were worth barely 10-20k. (Also third place prize was more valuable than second place prize). It's quite amazing how staff does not realise that no-qi prizes are almost worthless for those who has over 10k/20k qi.
*Prizes still not fully sent until this day.(No achievments)

World Championship 2012

*Took more than 1,5 year to send the prizes(still not fully sent by this day).
*Whole staff team completely ignored the fact that not only the winners, but also regular users were complaining that prizes were not sent to the winners. Contacting some of the gms didn't help at all. In the end, Ishi, which was not the organistor of the event found a few minutes to finally send the prizes. (Thanks Ishi.)
*Yet again no-qi prizes. (360k per item for those who does not have qi, 40-60k for those who do)

The best of the champions

*Quite funny how one of the most important statistic thread of the game was silently closed and forgotten because everyone were just too lazy to update it.

Clan league 2013

*The rules were just ridiculous. You can't have spectators? Wat.
*One player could've carried the whole clan to victory. (For example, TGS were clearly stronger than Tint due to them being an in-game based clan. However, I won almost all my matches besides brushu which caused us to lose by only one match.)
*Incidents with banned players / players that have just joined the clan. Gotta love how TGS almost got disqualified for nothing.
*Siku joined TGS at the last moment to get the prizes(\o/).

Single Player Cup 2013

*Finally an event that's worth to spend time on because of great prizes, but how come World Championship events has approx 10 times smaller prizes than this? You're like "Time for the biggest event of the year" and put the prizes that are laughable.
I'm not saying that multiplayer events>single players events...However, the difference is just stupid.

I could think of more, but I'm currently in school and can't bother to go through more events.

Notice how independent events like Summerbash, The Ultimate Tori, TBAP series, Mafia, Spring Fling and all other events goes without ANY problems. And most of them are hosted by A SINGLE PERSON. You have a whole team and can't make the events go fluently? Jesus.

If a whole team can't handle big events, hire a regular user for a few days that doesn't need a colorful name to actually host an event properly.

Thanks.
Last edited by Kristis133; Dec 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

The events removed weren't because of the happenings on our end. The event hyper cypher was just advertising a new type of gmtourney and the event gm's got served was up for almost a month without a single match being played it simply stalled out and was taking up space.

Kris your complaints are valid at some points, but you fail to address how hard it is to arrange matches and how long it sometimes takes the players themselves to organize. Just as many events have fallen for that reason alone, but you can continue to say it's all to poor planning if you wish, even though blame lies on both ends. Beyond that you strayed from the point and eventually just listed personal grievances that you didn't like so I'll just ignore those.

Have you ever thought that those events went a lot smoother by single people because they don't have moderating, complaints to take or hosting to do? or any other reasons besides your own?. Not to mention those offer tc prizes which is the only thing that motivates most of the community so they are bound to go smoother for that reason as well.

Regardless this thread was just a simple apology that things couldn't go as planned, so I'll continue on with that. All I can do is apologize on behalf of the team and let you all know we'll strive for hosting better forum events and we'll have new events up for you all soon. My apologies once again.
Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
Sorry everyone but it seems a couple of events have stalled out, namely the following:

Hyper Cypher
GM's got served

We'll be bringing more big events for you guys to compete in shortly, pleaase bear with us.

I am actually cool with the news. Mostly because I believe that I have a considerable chance to be maybe win a prize in those coming events. That is, if I work on whatever they set us up to do.

But then again, isn't the prize in replay-making event too big? Full 512s joints, worth like 3kk? That's crazy. Are any of those coming up events going to be nearly as big? :P
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Dec 13, 2013 at 01:30 PM.
probably not, smaller things like Cula suggested more than likely.