Ranking
Original Post
Massive Lag On Windows 8
I`m on a windows 8 and my toribash game is EXTREMELY laggy...

Can i fix this in any way
Originally Posted by etoria View Post
get a better computer

that's not really helpful.

What are your computer specs?
While this won't be particularly helpful either, my computer is running Win8 and Toribash is running much better than my old computer could ever dream of. I've just got a standard Intel Pentium-something-or-other processor (2.? gHz) and 4 gigs of ram, so it may very well just be that your computer's specs aren't the best.

Without having any information about your computer, all I can say is try lowering your graphics settings a notch or two in the game and try again.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
update your driiiiiiiiivers.

go to control panel >windows update and go to optional updates and download errythings.
then you can do the main updates

see if that makes a difference
damn im gettin old
I would also suggest that you don't put it on Max graphics.
It will improve to a certain extent.

But as Velair said update your drivers
if you have four gigs of RAM and a 2.6 gigahertz dual/quad core processor you should be fine for playing toribash.
Try turning shaders off. If you don't know your computer's specs, I assume it's a prebuilt desktop. If it's prebuilt, I assume it's using an integrated graphics card. If you're using an integrated graphics card, they can only barely handle shaders properly, and it'll probably run much better without that.

If you know you have a graphics card made by AMD/ATI or Nvidia, then definitely go try updating the drivers, from their official websites. To check if you have a graphics card from AMD/ATI or Nvidia, open the start menu, type in "dxdiag" without the quotes, hit enter, and go to the Display tab.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Upgrading your pc is one of the options. You could also use a few of the software's available that can/may increase your fps. Also, try lower video settings.
Nub.
My windows 8 laptop is 3.2ghz and 8gb of ram i suggest it is just that your computer/laptop specs jst are fit enough for toribash.
lower options to low, then try to go up a bit until your running at a nice pace and graphics are fine
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert