Toribash
Original Post
/votekick command
A command for players that are not the OP to kick a troublesome person out of the server, if only temporarily. It could display a counter in chat saying votes for and against with text saying how to /votekick if the other players want to vote but don't have to waste everyone's time by asking how. Whatever the majority after 60 seconds or so, the command acts on it. If the final results are 50/50, nothing happens.
Supported neat idea, but could be an abused...
ShhhMikes Moderated Message:
I need big juicy celery sticks ;3
Originally Posted by Squigling View Post
but could be an abused...

Of course people will be dicks about it, that's how people are. If a person is being wrongly votekicked, they could just accept the fact that they're not going to play in that one server for a little while and wait for those guys to leave.

Alternatively, there could be a rule against it so you can report on general reports board with evidence proving your innocence instead of proving them guilty.
Originally Posted by AntiPeople View Post
Of course people will be dicks about it, that's how people are. If a person is being wrongly votekicked, they could just accept the fact that they're not going to play in that one server for a little while and wait for those guys to leave.

Alternatively, there could be a rule against it so you can report on general reports board with evidence proving your innocence instead of proving them guilty.

So if innocent players are kicked by a group of trolls they just have to accept that? How about no, this would cause more harm than good in any case. The general reports would be flooded and the community would die out because of trolls. You shouldn't have to prove your innocence when you've done nothing wrong in the first place. If there are people who are genuinely breaking the rules then report them on the forums.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
So if innocent players are kicked by a group of trolls they just have to accept that? How about no, this would cause more harm than good in any case. The general reports would be flooded and the community would die out because of trolls. You shouldn't have to prove your innocence when you've done nothing wrong in the first place. If there are people who are genuinely breaking the rules then report them on the forums.

goat said everything i want to say. to add onto this I assume this will be active in official servers, however we will get a clan that thinks they can take over a server and farm up tc, kicking out anyone that is capable of beating them. That doesn't seem fun does it?
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
I was thinking about a /votekick command too... But it would just be annoying.
Imagine you being with 2 trolls on a public server and you get kicked for nothing.
Then the other thing would be: What are kickable actions? And if something like spamming isn't, then reporting shouldn't be a problem anyway.
If this system is added, there should be some restrictions, such as a certain amounts of people need to be in the room to activate it; you can only activate this once in a few minutes. Something like that.
Overall if someone's being a general dick, there's always the option to report them.
Originally Posted by jack9918 View Post
If this system is added, there should be some restrictions, such as a certain amounts of people need to be in the room to activate it; you can only activate this once in a few minutes. Something like that.
Overall if someone's being a general dick, there's always the option to report them.

all your restrictions are too flimsy and easy to get around. This idea is just not going to work and by adding this we are only creating more work for staff
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert