Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Perks
Perks should be added to the game. They can only be used in rooms that allow perks and only people with higher belts should be able to use them. Probably 5-6th Dan and up. You're only allow to have one perk equipped at a time, and you can change them out on the website. Only people with perks would be able to fight in perk enabled rooms.

Perks will be set at a Reasonable Price so that anyone who meets the Qi requirements can get one. This is so that the insanely rich are not the only ones who have access to this feature and at the same time it can act as a tc sink.

Now the perks I'm talking about are not game breaking. Nothing like Instagib feet or Increasing the overall speed of your tori. I'm talking about perks that bring a tactical advantage.

Examples:
  • Invisible - When activated, it turns your Tori and your ghost invisible for one turn. You can still get hit and dq'ed. Players in the queue will also be unable to see your Tori and ghost while this perk is activated.
  • Body of Steel - Increases the dm threshold of your Tori for one turn. Can still get fractured and your opponent still can get points.
  • Boost - Gives your Tori a little push in the direction the head is facing. Little being the key word here.
  • Precision Timing - Halt the Timer at any point in match for a 5 second window to alter your Tori. Once used, you cannot move your Tori for the next turn. This can only be activated once per match.

I feel that these perks are balanced enough to the point where each of them do not offer a significant disadvantage to either player. Precision Timing is the one where I can see people having problems with, however, the fact that the player who uses it cannot move for one whole turn afterwards can benefit the victim more-so than the actual user.

Anyway these are just suggested perks. They can be changed in which ever way possible for all I care. I'm just using them to give an example of what I think perks should be.

I already understand the reason behind leaving Power Ups and the like out of the game already. "White belts should be able to stand on equal grounds with a God Belt." I'm not disagreeing with that. However, why can't higher belts enjoy a little something extra amongst themselves for playing longer?

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by DaNooB23; Feb 7, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."