Toribash
Original Post
Toribash 3.9 development
Hi,

For those who want to test the alpha releases and follow development of 3.9 I will post updates here:

Here is the first alpha release. This is ONLY the exe file. Put it into your current toribash directory to test.
https://cache.toribash.com/tb-3.9-1.zip

New features I am testing in this build:
- Real time ray tracing - enable it in options. works with GeForce 9800 GT
- Shaders menu (open with ctrl-h)
- Reflective non-shader bodyparts/joints
Last edited by hampa; Mar 25, 2010 at 08:34 AM.
Originally Posted by iFish23 View Post
Sorry about the whining but, the only shader that does anything for me is inverted.inc all others are normal.

That's because you need to have hardware shader support for them to work.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
2 question, If this is just almost like a game add on then when will ther full version of 3.9 comes out? also, if this is how good 3.9 is I wonder how pimp 4.0 will be!
[18:19] <@Noah> we penetrate every orifice with corndogs
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
That's because you need to have hardware shader support for them to work.

well with 3.88 I can run shaders at 50 fps on average.
Well, the reflect effect is nice, but I think it should be like bumpmaps (when bumpmaps worked...) : something to add an effect to some joints or bodyparts (not necessary all your tori). For example, I like to see it on Uke, but not on my tori (which is dark and a little "evil"... I don't want it to shine !).

Players should have the choice to deactivate them just for their joints, and see it on others toris if the other players activate them...

The same with additional objetcs (mods, or my atmospheres script) : we should be able to deactivate these reflections (the atmospheres dojo with reflections looks like crap imo, and the FPS drops a lot with some atmospheres like winter night, where a lot of snowflakes are dispayed... we don't need the reflections here).

Is it possible ?

Still, very good work...

Tbh I'm not thrilled by this option. Sure it looks nice, working out with a shader in the background to give a nice effect like skulfuk did will be funny to do, but as far as I'm concerned, I think that for "regular" ingame, I'll turn it off. (For vids though, might have loads of fun ^^)

I agree with melm's idea above about choosing what parts of the world should be respective and what parts shouldn't (to prevent massive fps drops on hyperloaded atmospheres or mods and have a better control of how your tori is to look).
[FROG] - [Toribash-FR] - [OLDA] - \m/
Français, english: Click
Originally Posted by Kyat View Post
I think that for "regular" ingame, I'll turn it off. (For vids though, might have loads of fun ^^)

That's what most of us do anyway, shaders etc all turned off. It's not worth losing a match because the FPS suddenly plummets because someone has a stack of spam flames.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Good...and if u don't make it so extremly bright for nonshaders i'd even like it more
2 Words: Suck it
And duel me bitch, searching duels 5-100k