Ranking
I don't understand this head.
I don't see a point to it.
I guess I'll just have to see when it's done.
👹 Bushido Member 👹
█▀▀░█░█░█▀█░█▀▀░█▀█
▀▀█░█░█░█▀▀░█▀░░█▀▄
▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀▀▀░▀░▀
█▄░▄█░█▀▀░█▀▀▀░ █▀█
█░█░█░█▀░░█░▀█░█▀▀█
▀░▀░▀░▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀
█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█░ █▀█
█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄░█▀▀█
▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀░▀░░▀
█▀▀░█▀█░█░█▀▀
█▀░░█▀▀░█░█
▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░▀▀▀
Hey!Hey!
Hey, I like the style and your pen touch.
For your lazynes/problems on progressing, I find it totally boring, but very helpful to do the sketch up/mapping for the whole thing in the start of the process. Then you can work more on auto pilot later. Its difficult to get ahead whit the design based on one ore two nice detail. Also if doing this you can base color roughly the color patterns, ink the thing and shade it in one go, makes it easier to get the same vibe/detail on the whole.

For depth I would first wait until the end, then high lighting and depth shading the whole thing.

Hope my yabbing comes out understandable and not just insane ... .

Im on and of in the forums, so if you want to keep in contact just pm me, I gladly help you out on getting the hang of drawing eyes ore whatever that I know howto.
I mainly use Gimp, and then some Krita.

Keep on doing your stuff, its getting Real Nice !

PS, you mentioned Swedish, so I presume thats a language you speak? If so, do you understand norwegian to? I understand swedish just fine but cant write it..
[WAPOW] "uhhh......no, Commissar we cant be sure yet _but it looks like he was killed by a hazelblunt object"
I'm so confused to as of what it is. But it looks great. I like the metal detail.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
Are those like bacon strips or something?
Also very nice details and stuff
11/10

oh ffs.
I was totally going to comment on that...

Dont get much of the "carcass"
but i do get:
bacon strips&
bacon strips&
bacon strips&

good to see you back again.
I like the more contrasty bit in the corner, with the darker reds, the rest looks a bit bland and the facial area needs a bit more flow, the back is far superior to the front.

love the grungy work and the contrast with the smooth metal.
but at the moment it looks like a football wrapped in bacon.

progressing forward i would go back to thinking how a head is shaped, with depth as your focus, and flesh it out from there. youve fleshed out the middle area, now bring stuff in towards the bottom.
where do the shadows go, where are the bumps and crevices?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by hazelbud View Post
Hey, I like the style and your pen touch.
For your lazynes/problems on progressing, I find it totally boring, but very helpful to do the sketch up/mapping for the whole thing in the start of the process. Then you can work more on auto pilot later. Its difficult to get ahead whit the design based on one ore two nice detail. Also if doing this you can base color roughly the color patterns, ink the thing and shade it in one go, makes it easier to get the same vibe/detail on the whole.

For depth I would first wait until the end, then high lighting and depth shading the whole thing.

Hope my yabbing comes out understandable and not just insane ... .

Im on and of in the forums, so if you want to keep in contact just pm me, I gladly help you out on getting the hang of drawing eyes ore whatever that I know howto.
I mainly use Gimp, and then some Krita.

Keep on doing your stuff, its getting Real Nice !

PS, you mentioned Swedish, so I presume thats a language you speak? If so, do you understand norwegian to? I understand swedish just fine but cant write it..

I used to sketch everything back in the day, i haven't done it in a while though. I should probably try to make a sketch on my next piece, see how it'd turn out. At least i wouldn't get problems with being out of ideas.

About the Swedish thing, i'm Finnish, and can't really understand more than few words of Swedish. I was watching hockey, without realizing anything about the commentary, so i thought it'd be better to texture. Thanks for good comment, and nice tips!
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
Are those like bacon strips or something?
Also very nice details and stuff
11/10

Oh damn, i'll just rename this head soon. 'Bacon ball', eh?
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
oh ffs.
I was totally going to comment on that...

Dont get much of the "carcass"
but i do get:
bacon strips&
bacon strips&
bacon strips&

good to see you back again.
I like the more contrasty bit in the corner, with the darker reds, the rest looks a bit bland and the facial area needs a bit more flow, the back is far superior to the front.

love the grungy work and the contrast with the smooth metal.
but at the moment it looks like a football wrapped in bacon.

progressing forward i would go back to thinking how a head is shaped, with depth as your focus, and flesh it out from there. youve fleshed out the middle area, now bring stuff in towards the bottom.
where do the shadows go, where are the bumps and crevices?

Yep, now it's confirmed, renaming this head is a must.

I agree with the back being lots of better than front, while i'm partially satisfied with the fact, as i haven't been able to make proper backs before, it's sad that the more important part isn't as good. Well, i'll see what i can do about it. I'm surprised about you liking the metal parts, i don't personally like it much, doesn't fit the head IMO. I remember you telling me numerous times couple years back to do something differently with the metal parts, and not to include them everywhere. I can't really remember more specifically though..

Thanks for the feedback, it's always good to hear your opinion, as you've been really helpful through my time texturing.

I'll try to progress a bit tonight, and post some update on morning.
It's All About Expansion
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Eh. There are parts that look really bad :/

Wheres the "constructive" in this c/c, mate (you could at least say what you didnt like and why!)?

Jodarok; I feel closer to you Finish neighbors than the sweeds ..

Bendover; Always interesting when you drop some wisdom man 8J

Sad that art takes so insanely amounts of time, I want to see the next step !
[WAPOW] "uhhh......no, Commissar we cant be sure yet _but it looks like he was killed by a hazelblunt object"