Toribash
Re: ELO-system...
Originally Posted by Corporate_Penguin
Originally Posted by SSJokker
Maybe you'd want to learn how to search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELO_rating_system

And it doesn't make sense. It's based on an algorythm that basically means if you just joined and win 10 matches(and don't lose even one), you're ranked higher that a veteran that winned 100 matches and lost 10...Yeah, it's just not okay...

Please don't make flame post if you obviously have no clue how elo-works, eventhough you just posted the link where it is explained. Elo is not perfect, but it is much better than any other system proposed on these forums. Enough games and it its quite accurate. The only big downside is that, once you get to the top you can stay there without playing any games.

Flame post?...I didn't say anything like that. Also, I had just woken up, and I made a mistake: "And it does make some sense." is what I was trying to write... >.>

Also, what I said, is one variant of the ELO system, which I have used in the past, and that actually happened...and AFAIK, that's the variant Toribash is using.

PS, I bolded another mistake in my quote, I was aiming for 50, not 10... ^_^;

Oh, and that's what I meant, you yourself said it: "Enough games and it is quite accurate"...well, that's the problem, usually the starter's ranks will vary a lot, and in some cases be in the top 10 even though he only won, say, 10 matches, through pure luck... =\

So yeah, let's end this argument and call it a day, kay?...