Texture item
and then the texture guy can upload the texture and sell it in the shop
or like safetrade the texture with the buyer
or just put it in the market and the buyer buys it
this way he can be scammed
and there would be like
512 texture ,256 so on
INB4 14 days ban
Realistically you'd have to remove all traditional texture upload methods for that to work, unless you physically stop people being able to sell images it'd end up like safetrade - pretty much unused.
The merging thing is over complicating things, and wouldn't work in practice - for example if I have a set, and I decide to swap out an image that'd involve fucking with a set thingy, then having that merge with my items, then leaving whatever I've switched out at risk.

The texture database isn't a terrible idea, but forcing it to be part of how you do things isn't cool. All it needs to do is keep tabs on which users had an image, and have some form of image search/matching facility to tie them together.

Shit's already over complicated for users (especially new ones), we're supposed to be making it all simpler, not more complex.

And banning people for not using a system? What? No. In that case we'd better get busy banning everyone who isn't safetrading eh?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I don't really see how uploading an image to a set item, and clicking on “activate” would make things more complicated.
but okay, point taken.
How are you?
I see where you're going, but we need to simplify everything.

The database of textures thing would be good, but given how loaded the DB is ATM it'd have to wait. Although it would rely on having some form of image matching to make the searches easier.

Uploading full sets is also something that was/should be on the todo list. We did have one but it stopped working once the higher res textures were added.

Keep on with the idea, there will be something that'll work. Just it's not a black & white situation with it. :/

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I'd search the forums but alas I cannot. Years ago, back in my msquid (or msquid, long arms of the law etc.. so should have used that) days I suggested this also.

A forum for art, while acceptable, is inefficient. We need to have an area developed to have more of a gallery feel, somewhat like dA, but a lot simpler - just one main post that is seen on every page and comments underneath you can to reply to, rather than a running thread. Add some java mebbe, instead of showing flat, show a mapped rotatable texture.

Maybe have an artist license given to upload and trade textures, otherwise you can only upload your personal flats. Admins can run queries to see everything uploaded in past x time to review all uploads (I wanted that so badly.. plagiarism resulting in a ban withing a week tops and, knowing the admins, they wouldn't miss a thing)
Player shops could incorporate textures with #tags for easy searching and add a few admin spots to give a rating X/10 for quality.

I personally feel that this forum is inadequate for the art community, especially if the greenlight succeeds.
&quot;Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork.&quot;
I have an idea...it would take a lot of time to develop and implement, but in the end may save a lot more time. I see nothing wrong with the current selling/trading/uploading. There's nothing wrong with what we're doing, just how. What we need is more organization, like the item shop. The texture shop would have the same functions that the forum has, shops, sales, auctions, etc, but with the organization of the item shop. For example, I would upload my images into my shop and put a list price, then users could browse my shop and click 'Buy' on the texture they want, the TC would be removed from their account, the texture would be sent in a PM and removed from my shop.
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
Ok, so it'd be like, say I wanted to buy a texture set, someone offered me one for, say 10k TC. He sells me these texture items, and they contain the images. All the images have a Toribash water mark, to prevent copy-paste, until you apply them?
All the images have a Toribash water mark
yeah that is pretty good
the water mark would only apear in the holder
it can solve the proplem
oh wait
what if the texturer made the item watermark just like the toribash one and then the buyer get a water mark
still a problem
INB4 14 days ban
Originally Posted by KingRa7en View Post
I have an idea...it would take a lot of time to develop and implement, but in the end may save a lot more time. I see nothing wrong with the current selling/trading/uploading. There's nothing wrong with what we're doing, just how. What we need is more organization, like the item shop. The texture shop would have the same functions that the forum has, shops, sales, auctions, etc, but with the organization of the item shop. For example, I would upload my images into my shop and put a list price, then users could browse my shop and click 'Buy' on the texture they want, the TC would be removed from their account, the texture would be sent in a PM and removed from my shop.

Idea fully supported, 200%. This would solve a lot of scamming possibilities. You see what you are buying, you pay, your item is instantly transferred to your deactivated, ready to be uploaded to your texture items. Boom! I like it.

Of course, having a rotatable 3D model would really rock, but in a way, we already have that in single player mode, (dl texture, lp texture). I'm sure that could easily be done. Perhaps, it could somehow be linked to single player mode, and members would be able to preview textures there, before buying. That would rock so much!!! No more uploading dozens of pictures from every angle. Users could look at the art all they want, before buying. Yes, of course art should be water marked for artist protection, until purchased.

My humble opinion,

evo
rock the world, one fight at a time
Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
All the images have a Toribash water mark
yeah that is pretty good
the water mark would only apear in the holder
it can solve the proplem
oh wait
what if the texturer made the item watermark just like the toribash one and then the buyer get a water mark
still a problem

Well that's what the market squads for.
can you explain what is the main problem cause i cant understand skullfuk ..
oh and maybe make
the item picture the texture but 10 times smaller resizes
but when you puchase it will like have download image or something and it would be normal
INB4 14 days ban