Ranking
Original Post
Apply to be a Gamekeeper or Toriagent
Investigators: Deep inside these pages you'll find; the first wave that comes to mind; once there you shall see; the first hint of what is to be.

Hey guys.

We have decided to open up some spots in our teams to boost our activity a little so we are accepting applications.

If you're interested in the Toriagents then form an application and PM Eleeleth.

If you're interested in joining the Gamekeepers then form your application an PM me (SlipAnc).

There is no application form, so feel free to make your own.

Note that you may only apply for one team. We will be discussing our applicants in public so you'll be updated.

P.S. Let the PM spam begin, I'd like to see my inventory filled with at least 100 newly unread messages.

Cheers!
Slip

Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
Let's see if I can sum up all the answers to the questions asked in this thread and answered in this thread in one post which can be referred back to for the duration of new people considering applying to GK or TA.

1) Who do I send my application to?
Answer: If you want to be a GK, Slipanc. If you want to become a TA, either Eleeleth or Jalis

2) When will we know who are the new GKs and TAs are?
Answer: A set date is unknown; however, assume between now and August 7th

3) Is there a belt requirement to become either of the two?
Answer: Of course not! Playing lots of games in no way effects whether or not you will be good at planning and hosting events nor helping new members acclimate with the Toribash community.

4) What do GKs do and what do TAs do?
Answer:

5) Can I apply to either both of these teams or one of these teams and Msquad?
Answer: You may not apply to both GK and TA as said on the first post, and while applying to TA or GK and Msquad is feasible, keep in mind it's frowned upon as hanz0 said because it gives off the impression you are simply looking for power and prestige.

6) Can TA play with the lower belt players?
Answer: From a few TAs experience, lower belt players appreciate it when TAs join their games, teach them a thing or two, and have fun. Introducing them to higher level playing isn't a bad thing as long as their is a positive atmosphere around what you're doing.

7) Will all the applications be read?
Answer: Yes! All applications will be read throughly by our great upper staff to ensure the best members are picked for the positions.

8- Is there a bank of TC GK uses to host their events?
Answer: Yes. There's is a GK bank to fund all events hosted by the Gamekeepers.

I found all of this information as SlipAnc said by looking through all of the thread and doing the work to condense the information for all of you. I hope it helps.

ALL USELESS POSTS WILL BE INFRACTED.
Last edited by Thorn; Jul 7, 2012 at 03:09 PM.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

applied for gamekeeper but won't be to hopeful
|Join #support For All Your Toribash Problems|RAGE QUIT!|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I found this:
Tori-Agents
Tori-Agents have orange names. They have half-op in game. This means they have limited moderation powers in multiplayer. Their main job is to help out noobs in the beginner rooms. They also help take care of troublemakers such as spammers and flammers.

*Gamekeepers
Gamekeepers have pink names. They hold events in the events section of the forums and in game. They have full moderation powers in game

here:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=105823
Oldschool / M5k / Contact KiTFoX
I'm back
Originally Posted by lilmali97 View Post
lol, why are people giving poorly made apps? like Murm said:

My app wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst, and SlipAnc, how many people will be accepted? or your not sure yet?

I still don't know. I'd like to get as much as possible but on the other hand I don't want to spam the community with new gamekeepers.

It's a though decision.

Originally Posted by Mike2k5 View Post
is there an minimum belt or something to be an gamekeeper?

Nope, your belt doesnt mean you're skilled dealing with people.
We dont really play much, we deal with the community.

Originally Posted by dannyh View Post
+Rep for doing this ^^

It's not like he got every person who applied.

Anyways yeah, it's not a bad thing I guess, at least you can see a few of your "opponents".

Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
You aren't picked at random and thus you are wrong. This is not a lottery and this is not random. Everything you put in your application that makes you look better than somebody else increases your chances of being picked. There could be 200 applicants and only 1 proper application, does that mean they all have the same chance of getting picked? No, it just means that those doing the deciding have work they have to do which isn't for their efforts.

Exactly.

I wont just pick 10 applications, read them and make them GK. There's a reason I do this like this and not like the PT did. I want to involve the community as much as I can for you to feel that you are actually a part of this community.

Thus I want to get the best of the best to join me

Originally Posted by Zinx View Post
When they finish reading the 100+ Applications, You will realize new Gks and TAs when they're finished. No exact date.

True.
But you will know who I picked as a decent person sooner.
You'll see

Originally Posted by WarMedic View Post
I was just about to send the application and it says that 'Eleleeth' dos'nt exist..

?

EDIT: NeverMind.

sent.

Oh sorry, correcting.

Originally Posted by Murmayder View Post
I'm doubting anybody will be picked if you all have terrible apps. If you all have magnificent apps then it may come down to the people deciding's opinion of you.

True and true.

I want guys who can actually handle the job, there is no point in getting new guys who suck.

Originally Posted by marci5 View Post
Aplied for TA.
I know that I don't have too mutch chance because of you Slipanc

And who's fault is that?

Originally Posted by Master5000 View Post
I found this:
Tori-Agents
Tori-Agents have orange names. They have half-op in game. This means they have limited moderation powers in multiplayer. Their main job is to help out noobs in the beginner rooms. They also help take care of troublemakers such as spammers and flammers.

*Gamekeepers
Gamekeepers have pink names. They hold events in the events section of the forums and in game. They have full moderation powers in game

here:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=105823

Well yeah that is a rather accurate info there.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Originally Posted by dannyh View Post
Because there is a spelling mistake in the first post it is Eleeleth

No, It's right. Eleeleth
Shall apply now

not alot of chance though since im not famous
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
Originally Posted by koorwayne1 View Post
Can't post to Eleleeth about Tori-Agent so I posted to SlipAnc.

Originally Posted by Zinx View Post
No, It's right. Eleeleth

Theres your problem
[o]