Toribash
Original Post
Gambling
Since nowadays people get their tc from betting and duelling, it would be nice if you can bet through the forums rather than having to wait for a bet server. This will make it easier for people to gain tc or lose tc. I think this kind of thing is quite possible to make and it will be quite entertaining.

So what do you think? Should this be created?

The games that can be played are: Jackpots, roulettes, coin flips and etc
Coding it is not a problem at all, the problem is attitude of community and maybe even some legal issues.
100 101 118
It could be an extra way for our lord and savior hampa to get more money and he might be more encouraged to make this game good :/

Just have like a new tab on the forum for gambling maybe something like a weekly and a monthly lotto or smthn?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
What if some kid gets a hold of their parent's credit card and spends hundreds of dollars buying tc from torishop or tc sellers, only to lose it all to some asshole in a 50/50 gamble. This is a bad idea

First off Toribash doesn't have an option to buy TC with a credit card, the only way to buy TC is with money through steam.

The proof

Pretty sure Steam has options for Parental Controls if a parent sets up the account for a younger child.

There used to be a paypal option if I remember, but a child can't set up a paypal without their parents' help anyways.

As for the issue of "What if they get their parrents credit card and put money on their steam to buy TC for gambling.

Well then,
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
parents fault for not keeping the card in a safe place from their kids(every parent with small children should)

Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
agreed, and since its an ingame curency and not a valid form of actual money there isnt any problem(that i can see)

I have to correct you there, toribash has a system for exchanging USD for TC, and there is also a legal player trade for USD to TC. Because of this the virtual currency in Toribash does have an actual value in the economy of the world. So you can't just say it isn't real money. If Toribash didn't have a system for buying TC, and made the selling/buying of TC illegal, then you could say that it isn't real money.
Last edited by Kohta; Aug 4, 2016 at 07:32 AM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Originally Posted by shev View Post
Coding it is not a problem at all, the problem is attitude of community and maybe even some legal issues.

I was told coding was a problem but if bet servers are a thing (which is out right gambling) then why would more gambling options be a issue? Also how does community attitude relate to this in anyway.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
I was told coding was a problem

This is rather a matter of priorities, because someone actually needs to go and do it. Complexity wise, this is not a problem at all.
Also how does community attitude relate to this in anyway.

Toribash is a free-form game, heavily dependent on its community. True, gambling idea has been suggested a number of times, but responses are very different and from being positive.

Personally, I like the idea. Even though concept of gambling is ugly and Toribash as a game has nothing to do with gambling, I believe that gambling can motivate people to play the game itself more and become more active on forums in order to gain more Toricredits. Moreover, as was already mentioned, fees from gambling will greatly benefit in stabilizing game's economy.
100 101 118
Originally Posted by shev View Post
This is rather a matter of priorities, because someone actually needs to go and do it. Complexity wise, this is not a problem at all.

Toribash is a free-form game, heavily dependent on its community. True, gambling idea has been suggested a number of times, but responses are very different and from being positive.

Personally, I like the idea. Even though concept of gambling is ugly and Toribash as a game has nothing to do with gambling, I believe that gambling can motivate people to play the game itself more and become more active on forums in order to gain more Toricredits. Moreover, as was already mentioned, fees from gambling will greatly benefit in stabilizing game's economy.

But bet servers and dueling are gambling which are the two major parts in this game. I don't see why adding more would cause any problems.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
But bet servers and dueling are gambling which are the two major parts in this game. I don't see why adding more would cause any problems.

Betting and duelling is gambling, outcome of which depends on Toribash games. By adding a coin flip, for example, we are adding an entirely different game, and its only point is gambling.
100 101 118