Ranking
hi :3
Attached Files
h-At The Races.rpl (501.9 KB, 18 views)
h-aez.rpl (360.0 KB, 12 views)
h-High Low Rox v2.rpl (384.7 KB, 11 views)
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
aye aye capn'
Attached Files
Blodsvept.rpl (493.2 KB, 30 views)
Amnesia.rpl (421.8 KB, 24 views)
General.rpl (234.8 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by Swepples; Dec 18, 2016 at 03:38 AM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bumpo
yeah i had a weekend still no cnc
cri evri tim
[Replaymaker]-[Replays]-[BumbleBurke]

[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4562400_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
oh boy here we go.

Xenos: First replay was pretty cool opener was nice with that spin but when you get into the dms you seem really heavy and clunky. i like the ground dms cause they are always cool. overall this replay is ok

Second replay ok so slow startup to the really fast spin which is cool. I really like they way you dm ukes knees cause it just looks cool imo. Ok so after that it looks like you want to keep spinning uke in that direction but you suddenly stop and go the other way. Try and be more consistent with your movements. Those other dms were cool and all.

Third replay opener is eh arm extends reaally fast and knees twitch. really like the way you starting maniping uke. didnt like the grab too much but the dms you got out of it was nice. the fact that you didnt do anything with the upper body afterwords bothers me a bit since you could have done alot with it, but w/e. ending is ok

Ok so you got the movement down but it needs refining. You still need to work on creativity and stop doing the standard opener dms done. for now its gonna be a No

So i dont have time to do full cnc on everyone else so ill do an overall review and give my decision.

Hunter: your movement is ok and all but needs refining and you are a bit twitchy but you have some cool ideas like with the pec juggling in that one replay. Also work on being more decisive. For now its gonna be a No.

Swepples: ok gotta comment on this -25 manip. That is super sick and very very very hard to pull off and you executed it pretty good. so ye now overall review.

ok some of your movements are eh and some are sick so you still aren't consistent yet but keep working on it. Still pretty twitchy so work on that. Also try and do more stuff like that -25 manip. be creative man cause that was super dope. the other replays dont live up to the standard of that manip so for now its going to be a No.
Thanks for reviewing Static.

Haha, it took much longer time to do the other replays, and I don't like the manip as much as I do the others. Well I'd like to see what some other people in ORMO think. Otherwise I'll see you in a month.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rugas na

creed and fkn dead were joke replays but they got better reception than my replays i put real effort into so HERE!!!!
Attached Files
CREED.rpl (243.0 KB, 44 views)
FKN DEAD.rpl (167.5 KB, 46 views)
KING KRINKLE.rpl (320.0 KB, 60 views)
pacquiao
Sorry for late, i was somewhat busy.

Xenos: I thought everything in Bloodlust 2 was great until the boom, after that it died down a bit and it looked like you were just trying to do things just to make it more than a "manip uke then 1 boom" replay, which would have been fine with me as long as you showed us that you can continue replays with your other 2 submittions.

True colours is as 2016 as you get with replays i think, a double knee hit and then a limp uke manip. I thought the first part was impressive, the manip didn't impress me as much as I would have liked though. Especially since you decided to go for a slightly anticlimatic ending, it looked more like you were building up for something rather than ending it. At that point I would have either continued the manip/made it better or tried to give it a more impressive ending.

The Dragon etc: My only problem with this replay is how you kept uke in the air around frame 535 after the crotch hit, everything else is inoffensive.

I get the feeling that you can do some sick stuff but choose not to or didn't pick the right replays for some reason, generally when I see a replay I want to see a showcase of someone's skill and/or creativity, and some of the weird decisions you see in great replays like anticlimatic endings or underwhelming hits do have rhyme and reason to them that pay off eventually (usually surprising the viewer). I see some choices in your replays that are kinda strange but I didn't see much payoff. I think it's a no from me, although you are clearly capable of sick replays (as far as my understanding of "sick replays" goes at least).

hunter: At the races is one of the most fun I have seen lately (I haven't seen many replays at all lately but it is very sick), there's a stiffness to it that just makes it look really weird, but it doesn't take any quality from the replay because your speed hides it mostly. It's probably the 2009 esque completely extended arms and legs that you do once in a while, especially during that split kick (which i really loved). Everything you did with the pec was fun.

aez: This reminds me of Phoenix replays. i am a Phoenix fan so that is a compliment.
The beggining looks like something out of a replay by someone who is out of practice but you immediately turn it into hitting uke and moving all around him. You see things like these in modern replays as well but it is usually done by keeping uke very close to yourself or above yourself, so I think that is why i really liked seeing someone do it by just hitting him and then hitting the ground a bunch until close to uke again.

High Low Rox: I think this is the only replay where your movement hinders the quality of the hits and moves. The two punches at around frame 340 or so could have maybe looked a bit better if you got into a better position with your body. When you punch for the second time you have to completely raise your shoulder and your pec is already contracted, all of it making it look kinda unplanned. I like the hits afterwards though, the crotchblock kick is superb, totally brought the flashy element that the replay was lacking so far IMO. The last two punches weren't anything too amazing but didn't hurt the replay either, they looked fine.

I like all the replays but the third one kinda bothers me because it shows a bit how your movement can easily look choppy and weird if you don't pay close attention to everything you're doing, or if you try to do something from a slightly harder position.

There are parts in your replays that ALMOST look choppy but you manage to control your tori just well enough that it looks classic and charming, not archaic and old. I think if you work on that and keep your movement under control, you can have a consistent and precious style. I'm on the fence a bit but leaning towards a no for now. It would do nothing if I voted yes anyway because Static already voted no but I really like how your replays look, makes me want to watch the T clan video and some Splinter replays.

Swepples: Blodsvept is the classic 1st replay in ormo app, a long manip with hits and explosive ending. The thing about the manip is that some of the hits looked like they were made during a struggle, as if they were the only option you had to keep Uke in the air and didn't have time to get in a better position. Particularly the right leg kick at 650, it looked like your tori was trying to manip while playing twister.

Creativity is a big deal in replaymaking, but I (almost) always try to make the first hit powerful enough for Uke to be in the air for quite a bit so that I have time to prepare and get into a position that allows me to strike or grab him again. If you find that you have to hurry in order to have space and time to hit uke and keep him in the air, you might want to put more effort into making your hits more powerful to make uke's air time last longer and give you more time to breathe.
However if you want to make a manip where uke is close to you at all times, then you want to have a good footing and place your limbs carefully so you don't lose your balance. I noticed that you moved around quite a bit and got into some less common positions, compromising your balance, which is possible but a lot harder to pull off obviously. In this case the only choice really is to work on it for a very long time and calculate everything you do so that you don't get away from uke too much, but also have enough space to prepare your strikes.

The boom at the end was pretty nice. The grab was placed in a strange spot so it looked like Uke was pulling you aswell when you were pulling him. It still got the job done though, so it's not that big of a deal.

General: I love everything until the decap. After that, the first boom didn't really do much for me. It was unexpected, but just because I didn't think it was that interesting of an option to begin with. To be completely fair though, you did have your back to uke and had lost most of your momentum after the decap.

You tried to get two hits, and you succeeded but you were really close to uke so you had to take some frames to prepare the second hit, and it shows. You twist your torso right for a bit in order to wind up a kick, and then grab and deliver it. It wasn't a particularly creative or interesting hit, so all the build up ended up with a somewhat underwhelming conclusion.

Unfortunately I'm guessing the only reason it took this long is because you were left with a crappy position. In these cases I like to go back and rework everything, as painful as it sounds. A good or bad position/setup can be the difference between getting a fantastic hit in 2 minutes or reaching a dead end. I've struggled with this myself since I don't plan replays, but it's something that you should take into account. When deciding what to do, try to think what position your tori and uke will be left in afterwards. If it's an unworkable position then you might not want to do it. Otherwise you will have to half ass something to get out of it (which is what happened with this replay imo) or end the replay right there.
A classic example is making a split during a manip. After it, there is a good chance that the torso and lower body will fly in different directions, which ruins everything if you were planning on beating both the crotch and torso with your fists or feet. So long story short, I always try to have a bit of foresight when working on a replay.
why no pose

Amnesia: I liked this one, arm boom was dope, you waited the right amount of time to skeet, everything went fine.

Everything else in the other two replays kinda bothered me quite a bit though, I still think General could have been a lot better had you chosen to do something else (which is a big dilemma since i liked how the decap looks ) and Blodsvept's manip looked a bit out of your control. Because of that my vote is a no aswell. Still, there are good things in these replays, Amnesia shows almost all of them i think, you put effort and try to make something other than common boomhits and transitions, which I really appreciate.
oh yeah