Toribash
Original Post
[GM] March Madness! (Cancelled)
This thread is open for questions regarding the event. For anything else, please use the team's social groups or IRC channels.

Now that you've chosen your respective teams it's time to put them your skills to the test and come out on top! Will it be the fancy Green Hats? or the fly Pink Shutter Shades? or even the indestructible Adamantium Headphones? Maybe even the wacky Red Submarines! Now it's time to get to the top!

How will this work?
Throughout March all four teams will be given the opportunity to show off their skills and come out on top! To reach the top of the ladder, teams must win events and tourneys. We will be hosting multiple events which reward team points. These events will test skills of all varieties! Averages will be taken to balance out the competition across the different team sizes. Whichever team is at the top of the ladder at the end of the month will win.

Choose your team

The join button is indicated here

Rules
In order to be eligible for a prize you must take part in the events. This includes simply fighting opposing team members ingame.
It is preferred that you use only one account to join a team with. If we see people making new accounts to join other teams with, we may just ban those accounts.

The Events
Competitive Events
Double Trouble! - Holotor (started)

Art Events
Re-Draw - EdiTz (started)
• Praise Your Team! - imapirate (start date TBA)

Replay Events
Cheerleading - Risk (started)

Mod Making Events
• March Modness - ManlyPotato - (start date TBA)

Miscellaneous events
Achievement Unlocked - Kingsta - (started)
• A Battle of Wits - Wight (starting 2014-03-17)

Deadlines
You have until the 31st of March!
Any points gained after 12am (+0 GMT) will not be counted.

Prizes
The Winners!
Each member will be given their very own respective item!

Losers!
The best players of each losing team will be given their respective items as praise for their efforts. The number of items awarded will be proportional to each team's score.
Last edited by Fish; Mar 11, 2014 at 03:52 AM.
I've noticed that only the alts in the Green Hat
Team are being banned. The fact that there are
many players with alts in the other groups is why
they have the numbers.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
I've noticed that only the alts in the Green Hat
Team are being banned. The fact that there are
many players with alts in the other groups is why
they have the numbers.

How much of a difference do you think alts can make? Plus, the alts in other groups are only being used if the mains are (at the moment) banned or unavailable. There may be a few unfair alts, but not many.
•You're bananas!
I did not make a alt but is it allowed if the same accounts are in the same team?
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Originally Posted by TBashDude View Post
Quality > Quantity. The point isn't to get the most members, but to win the events. If you'd like more members, you should make your item and page look more convincing. I don't see any unfairness/inequality.

Yes but the more players the more chance of having highskilled players in your team also I didn't know members could make changes to the item and the page.
Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
There's not quite any unfairness here, but the adphones page is the most handholding of all the pages. It's the only one that actually shows you where to join, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this stacking occurred from people finding the button on the page and clicking it once they realized it was there

Well if one team outnumbers another almost 8 to 1 I see a difference.
Although I am still wondering how the most awesome and unique headwear only has 60 members and is being portrayed as the "ridiculous" one.
Well, Cercopes, you're supposed to get members onto your team. So if one team gets (let's say) 30 members more than another. That's not unfair.
•You're bananas!
i happily spammed the ADphones join page for the 1st day in all the tourneys rooms i entered (until i was asked to stop it.),
i even got kicked from some clan hosted hotseat tourney for ADphone support! (after it had ended)
i think advertising was a part of the reason for our member numbers. before i started the Hats were infront in both members and views. by the time i was asked to stop, we were in the leed in both.

a lil hype goes a long way.

an anyway i ask u who wants elton john glasses? another hat? nuclear warship?
when the offer of 2 beautiful Muffs squeezed onto ones torihead?
Signature Permissions no
Originally Posted by judd666 View Post
i happily spammed the ADphones join page for the 1st day in all the tourneys rooms i entered (until i was asked to stop it.),
i even got kicked from some clan hosted hotseat tourney for ADphone support! (after it had ended)
i think advertising was a part of the reason for our member numbers. before i started the Hats were infront in both members and views. by the time i was asked to stop, we were in the leed in both.

a lil hype goes a long way.

an anyway i ask u who wants elton john glasses? another hat? nuclear warship?
when the offer of 2 beautiful Muffs squeezed onto ones torihead?

Don't you talk shit on Elton John! He'd slap your shit, fabulously.

Plus, who do you think has made more money, EJ, or a DJ.

Thats right people! If you want to be rich, join the pink shutter shades, and let your fabulous, rich side out.
Let Satan guide you
Well, my friend. You made the wrong decision.
AdPhones, should be the style of all tori's.
I mean, who would wear Shades that sound like they have the word "Shudder" in it??
If it were like such, it would be having cold, unfitting glasses that get in your eyelashes?
Who would get a green hat that looks like someone dug on Abraham's grave, stole his hat, and just simply colored it green with still wet paint?
Who would wear a submarine on your head when it has way to much weight it can decap a tori in the first frame?
Headphones, on the other side, can help you hear kiai sound better. They can let you hear the sounds of you crushing your enemies. It makes the sound you know means Winner. Headphones are the best item created by our toribashians.
funny blue smiling person
please to be enjoying lowkido
let's bring minibash back!