Ranking
Original Post
Create Incentive for Veterans to Play
Pretty simple suggestion: there's nothing really appealing out there for people to earn in Toribash once they've hit 20,000 Qi. It's clear that this lack of promotional opportunities for Veteran players has an impact in their activity, or complete lack thereof.

The closest thing custom belts can talk about "achieving" or "earning" in Toribash is of course "God Belt"; however, that small cosmetic change isn't enough because custom belts can simply change their belt name on a whim to "God Belt" without any problem. That, and one three letter word is hardly a consolation for 30,000 more games to be played.

If you're here to agree or disagree that this is in fact an issue, please post. Additionally, this thread could be used to brainstorm suggestions for what exactly would serve as an incentive for Custom Belts to keep playing.

Some "stream of consciousness" suggestions from the top of my head:

1) Exclusive colors for 30,000/40,000/50,000 games played.
2) Custom made 3D Objects for 30k/40k/50k games played.

It's fiscally reasonable to create incentive for players to move on for thousands and thousands more games. The longer they stay here in Toribash, the more likely they'll throw money at the game. And although it'll never happen under the current people who are in charge of this- it'd be leaps and bounds better if these Objects/etc. can't in anyway be purchased or transferred.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 18, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I say change the game completely add a totally new never before seen gamemode.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Maybe it must be improved toribash fight tutorial that will seriously lift up average skill level in community.
My suggestion would be to add a couple of significant tournaments to the game, say something that runs over the course of 6 months, everyone over a certain belt can apply for it (black belt?), games are organised automatically between applicants.
Players set to fight can organize a fight at their own convenience any time within a certain amount of time, say a few days or a week, then if you win the best of say 5 fights, you move to the next round.

The final winner would of course get little gold medal image at the beginning of their name or belt title or something.

Something to get the high level players versing each other in exceptional matches, perhaps even the top few levels of round would have to be broadcast on twitch or something of the sort.

I really don't see the point of rewarding people for playing tens of thousands of games.

Really make a big deal of the tournaments, announce the high level matches globally in game and get people interested in them.

Edit:

Perhaps people could volunteer to spectate matches and broadcast them on twitch?
Last edited by beezlbubzy; Oct 20, 2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: added extra thoughts
Alright humor me for a second:

Let's say creating exclusive content for Toribash players who've earned more than 20,000 Qi doesn't come close to helping the problem that veteran players have nothing left to earn in Toribash. Let's say virtually all veteran players would need drastic changes to the game through new implemented game features which makes the game "fun again" or at least gives them something new to master.

Even if that's 100% true, and all of my opposition's points so far are 100% valid- is that still enough justification to leave such gaping holes in the Toribash reward system? Are we really just turning our back to the people who have played 30,000 40,000 50,000 and soon maybe 60,000 games played and leaving them absolutely empty handed? I don't see why a company that cares about it's clients and their reputation would leave such a stone unturned when it would cost them absolutely nothing to change it, and it's obviously an improvement.

I don't think anyone here could argue that increasing a new hair style, 3D Object, color, etc. for those who have gone far above and beyond the accomplishments of custom belt would be a bad thing. It's not particularly a hard task, it's 100% free to do, and it almost no time at all to accomplish this. There are virtually no downsides to implementing this, there are plenty of potential upside even if none of it turns out to work. It's really a win win.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
Added items would not kill anyone. Once I hit 20k qi which will never happen, I will most likely never go in-game again unless I am hosting. Even now as a 4th dan, I have trouble continuing to play due to the fact that I received nothing from ranking up. Of course I would love to be a custom belt, but why spend countless hours of my time just to be able to change my belt title.

I feel that some sort of change would be good. This is actually a great topic of discussion, and everything stated here should be taken into consideration. I for one will focus heavily on forum and in-game events to keep the game interesting. I still support this idea. Adding a new color hair, or throwing in some nice 3d items will not kill a person. I have a few 3d items in mind that could be given out to high qi players, and they would be relatively easy to make.
A hasbeen like the rest
Seriously, guys, custom belt is enough of a reward. "I tuck my boner under my belt", need I say more? Noone needs a pat on the back for playing the game almost continiously, if you want that, play some Korean grind MMOs. Put that time into gameplay features instead.
Do people actually play toribash for the rewards you get after playing so many games? At 4th dan I never thought about getting to 10th then quitting or getting custom the quitting. The rewards for being 10th are not enough to motivate you as a beginner to play 10,000 games. Same with custom, people play toribash because they enjoy it not because of the 'rewards' you get for grinding.
Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
Personally I love having something to aim to like from 9-10th dan (10th to master is just too many games to call it a fun goal). It would be awesome if there could be something where after custom every 1k games or something you get an achievement don't ask why I do but I like having a thing to aim for it gives me a drive.

I rlly like this idea.
After 20k games each 1k games gets u somthing, achievement or somthing unlocked.
This would bring the fun at the begining.
Maybe 10k games is way to much for people to play. Imagine u check your qi and it's like 20647 games, at that point u know u are going to get somthing at 21k game so u will play a few more games. u hit 21k games, play a few more games for fun and realise u have a little for 22k games and play a little longer to get that. and so on and so on.
Small reward for each 1k games, maybe achievements or somthing...i like this suggestion.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
my suggestion is to forget everything you once knew about custom belts and beyond. Forget TC as a whole giving someone who knows how to get infinite pools of tc MORE TC for free is just going to bankrupt the game i say once you reach custom that the game changes in ways like:

-New Never before seen DLC that comes once every time the game updates such as a custom member only voted 3D item (a 3D item that has been voted on by the party of existing Custom and higher Members) you have to be or have been and are higher than a custom belt to obtain this DLC when the a update comes. or maybe it should come once a year or once every 6 months as a message that is sent out to all custom belts.

-The ability to have Custom Move sets (in a menu option you can make a 1 frame move/ moves that are hotkeyed to a letter, number, symbol, or a combination of them) this reward lowers the chance of things like accidental spacing or missclicks). The number of Move Sets you can own increases on every thousand games. NOTE: this should be something that -so it does not interfere with the normal controls- is activated by pressing and holding a certain key like the Control key (ex: Ctrl+A+B= kronos kick) then pressing it in that order again will undo the command and the joints will return to their most recent positions.

-Access to a Custom and higher only Forum board were the link to is located in every clan forum and on the toribash Forum front page along with the toribash website.

-One free month of ToriPrime and VIP only granted upon reaching the exact number of matches needed for custom belt. It should come as a yes or no option that is sent in the message on the forum telling you that you reached custom. The message should be able to be accepted at any time and if denied is not granted again. The message should have both a "do you want to deny the free month of ToriPrime and VIP" option and upon clicking it a "are your sure you want to deny the free month of ToriPrime and VIP". It should also have a password check to make sure that you are who you say you are when you select Yes or No to the TP or VIP. (this is to prevent people from "accidently" leaving their computer on and someone sabotaging their choice of TP and VIP and needing a GM to obtain it for them) This message is a one time only deal making it hard for someone to want to try to alt their way to getting free TP or VIP and even if they do it will just be handing more money to the game* but i doubt that anyone will sit there and do another 20k+ games the hard way.
*QI booster or by buying Qi

Not all these ideas should be inherited at once, if at all but i believe that something that is new and improved will keep long time members and bring back others. Keep watch on this Post more and or Better ideas may be coming soon. If you have something you would like to point out or add to the list of ideas Quote this message. Ive tried really hard to make the Idea of Free TP and VIP and the Custom Move Hotkey fool proof so it can not be tampered with.
Last edited by Fates; Oct 20, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
Seriously, guys, custom belt is enough of a reward. "I tuck my boner under my belt", need I say more? Noone needs a pat on the back for playing the game almost continiously, if you want that, play some Korean grind MMOs. Put that time into gameplay features instead.

Your argument would make sense if implementing this very simple suggestion took even 30 minutes of time away from developing gameplay features.

This has absolutely nothing to do with developers. I'm not asking for hampa, dranix, and the gang to stop working on 2v2 Toribash so we can get rainbow colored hair. Just asking the item forgers to do the job they volunteered to do and slap a Qi sticker on it.

In the time it takes to even read through half of this thread the idea could already be implemented. Seriously there is zero reason to not just put a 30,000 Qi, 40,000 Qi, 50,000 Qi, and 60,000 Qi requirement on some of the next colors/hairs/objects coming out all the time and or the ones that are done but just not released.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Oct 20, 2014 at 09:38 PM.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!