Toribash
i dont have a problem with the colour changing, its more that it fucks up the trail textures, is there an explanation for it?

also, i have seen how begottens shaders look on demon, what one turns it yellow? i have never seen one that makes it yellow.

edit: may be something to do with raytracing? i cant use raytracing much, it lags me, so i really wouldnt know if that was the case
Clan League 2013 & 2019 Champion
Praise BONDarenko
Naah, it's because some shaders fuck with the game's lighting that much, and half of them hate trails. It's all down to how the shader was made.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
rumbshan: lol what?I don't use raytracing as well. most of them turn up yellow.

skul : you still didn't reply to me how come the black textures are unaffected but black joints are?
Your messed up world enthrills me
The thing is Demon force actually stays same at ANY shader. Explain me how other colours similar to demon like platinium or void change completely then ?.

Bullshit - it's not all down to shader creators
Last edited by begotten; Apr 17, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
Ah, must have mistaken demon with void, sorry fellas.

But really, textures aren't being affected(in beg's shaders) while joints are.
Last edited by William; Apr 17, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by begotten View Post
The thing is Demon force actually stays same at ANY shader. Explain me how other colours similar to demon like platinium or void change completely then ?.

Because reasons. There used to be a thread that explained all the shader settings and how they effected things. NFI where it is or even what board it's in, it's a pretty ancient thread.

That's why there was a period where shaders were fairly "dull", video makers wanted everything to be enabled, they didn't want colours to be screwed up by the lighting, they wanted trails to work, shadows to look right blah blah. The result was a lot of shaders where similar, merely changing colours.

Originally Posted by begotten View Post
Bullshit - it's not all down to shader creators

They don't change with all shaders, only ones that use certain lighting colourations etc. Much like certain settings screw up trails or disable them, same goes for soft vs hard shadows. Hence it's down to whoever made the shader since they chose to use those settings.

Originally Posted by William View Post
skul : you still didn't reply to me how come the black textures are unaffected but black joints are?

Once again depends on the shader. inverted.tbm is pretty much a masterclass on how a shader can & will screw up textures given half the chance. Despite it being one of the best ways to keep that horrid pure text under control it also has a habit of making some textures go bizarre.

Old shaders are the same, they weren't made with the idea of keeping the toris looking right, they were all about colours. Later ones that were made by video makers were far better. Pirate used to make a shit ton that all worked fine, and warcry made a load for his own videos specifically to fix the problems other shaders had.

It's just a case of certain things that can be used to make shaders cock stuff up, and others don't. You either stick to ones that don't mess things up, or deal with it.

If the problem was with the shader render itself then default.tbm & it's variants would be causing the same problems.

Feel free to call bullshit or whatever, I'm beyond caring since this is starting to feel like I'm talking to brick walls.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I could understand some colors make some reflects on toris, but in this case, that change all the color. btw, my tori look like pink in half of shaders, so do you think it is normal multiple color make always pink ? Put the shader sunrise for exemple, you can see a lot of reflects on toris, but the main color don't change. This is a normal light.

No, i think in some conditions (or maybe only one), the shader make some colors buging.

What about trails buged on the half of shaders ? I think its the same reason.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
I could understand some colors make some reflects on toris, but in this case, that change all the color. btw, my tori look like pink in half of shaders, so do you think it is normal multiple color make always pink ? Put the shader sunrise for exemple, you can see a lot of reflects on toris, but the main color don't change. This is a normal light.

No, i think in some conditions (or maybe only one), the shader make some colors buging.

As I said, it's down to the way the shader is made. It's perfectly possible to make shaders that don't mess things up. You happen to have provided an example of both.

Nothing wrong with the way shaders work otherwise you wouldn't have been able to provide that example. It's all down to the people the made them.

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
What about trails buged on the half of shaders ? I think its the same reason.

Trails didn't exist when a lot of shaders were made, and for a good while afterwards people still made shaders that didn't work with trails. There are specific settings that kill trails, once again it's all down to the way the shader was made.

You've gotta remember that 99% of the shaders out there were made by the community, and the majority that come with the game pre-date trails... Hell they pre-date hand & foot textures. Back then they didn't have half the colours & textures we have now, so they didn't need to worry about it fucking things up.
Times changed, people started making shaders that don't screw up.

Go dig out the shader thread in art & get some good ones.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Going around the discussion of weather it is a bug or not - maybe a "Shader affects only background" option would "solve" this?
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Ok first of all Skulfuk it is a bug because for example put shader inverted shader and then quickly change to the other it will still be the same lightning...
I'm like a [Ninja] inside the dark forest....