ES Recruitment Drive
That's more of an eclipse than a double sun, quite an interesting effect though.

Double sun is literally two suns, and apparently incredibly hard to pull off.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Then it's definitely much more to do in the shader matter than i thought .

Thanks for the texture, I will be back with the results as soon as I finished the test.
Oh, that effect is pretty epic and new to me!Hope you'll find the solution for this.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Okey, the solution was closer than I've expected, but I spent too much time digging into it to just shortly tell how to fix it.

I will present some of the details i noticed while been trying to fix the force color bug at custom shaders.

I bought beetle force for tests cause it was one of the "bugging" force on custom shaders.

So, first of all...

1. Just a normal presentation of the joint texture with exactly same color that beetle force is. Force and relax are off here. I present It without and with Ray tracing on the Default Shader:
|

2. Below I present my tori with "Beetle Force" ON and "Left Shoulder Joint Texture" on with exactly same color used in point 1 - so beetle one. There are two pictures - without and with ray tracing. It's on default Shader so no dramatic color change bug so far, but... seems like even if both force and joint texture are same color, they appear to be different. The Joint Texture is definitely darker than Beetle force, so "Force" and "Joint Texture" seem to have totally different nature:
|

3. Ok, time for the bug to happen. Here is the same situation as in point 2 but with one of my shaders On before it's fixed in notepad. As you can see Beetle Force Color changed Drastically whilst Beetle Textured Left shoulder isn't influenced and stays Beetle:
|
4. Time to explain how I fixed the color force change at custom shader.
I've checked the default shaders in notepad and some of them have lack of few vers according to menu and text color changes. I've deleted them in my shaders and it actually fixed the force color change bug.

On the left you see my shader in notepad before fix and on the right already fixed:

|

Here it is in-game after fix with beetle force On:

I don't know why MENU AND TEXT colors have something to do with how shader works on force but yeah - it helped and is now fixed. It of course has one minus because won't allow to set the color of text in multiplayer chat etc, but I assume my and others custom shaders are mainly used for videos so there's nothing to cry about - the huds are off anyway.

Well, in the evening I will upload all my fixed shaders in the art thread.

Thanks for cooperation.
Skulfuk - joint text sent back, thanks.
Last edited by begotten; Apr 20, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
NP. Shader stuff needs better documentation etc.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by begotten View Post

Well, in the evening I will upload all my fixed shaders in the art thread.

Thanks for cooperation.
Skulfuk - joint text sent back, thanks.

That's my boy !! Finally

What about 2 separate suns ?

Do you think is it possible to do a shader that change color in fonction of camera's direction ?

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
That's my boy !! Finally

What about 2 separate suns ?

Do you think is it possible to do a shader that change color in fonction of camera's direction ?

Still haven't reached that affect. Though, we can easily make "planets" in mod maker, for example xD :

I'm not sure what you mean by your second question. Can you explain clearlier?.
I think he's wanting a way of making the colour gradient follow the direction the camera is facing.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you