Toribash
Original Post
How to throw(Judo style)
Now before you start throwing Uke in SP mode/people in multiplayer mode,You need to first learn the concept of a throw.

I shall explain the terms I use in this tutorial
Kuzushi-Art of breaking balance.
Hikite-Pulling hand(usually placed on Uke's wrist or elbow)
Tsurite-Lifting hand(usually on Uke's shoulder/head)

I shall explain Kuzushi later.

Grip
This is the first step of doing a throw,Without a grip on your opponent,you won't be able to throw anyone(unless Toribash offers telekinetic powers).

Ideally,you want one hand(hikite) grabbing Uke's elbow/wrist and another hand below or on Uke's shoulder(tsurite). If you can,try to put tsurite on uke's head because if you control the head you will control Uke's body.

The grip may vary depending on what throw you want to do.
e.g For seoinage you need both hands on one arm.

Kuzushi
This is the next step.This would be very simple to accomplish,the aim of Kuzushi is to break Uke's balance to the direction of the throw(e.g you want to throw Uke to the left,so break his balance to the left etc). I have no idea how to explain this so I will include a replay on this to give you an idea of what it is.

The Throw
Now,depending on what you want to do,the execution will vary,but one thing is certain,the legs play an important part in this.After you accomplished the Kuzushi,your next step is to put the whole body in action,as I said,the legs are very important.The legs will do the sweeping action,where it will lift Uke in the air,then the elbow shoulder and wrists.You will be surprised on what the wrist can do,a simple contraction/extension of the wrist can lead to either the success or failure of the throw.The chest and lumbar will be used to make sure you stay on top of Uke in the throw.

And also,you would want to ungrip the tsurite hand at the right moment for the throws.

Thats all for throwing,using this guideline and a few examples,you would be throwing people in no time.
-----
More throws
Attached Files
Kuzushi and a simple throw.rpl (16.5 KB, 241 views)
O Guruma.rpl (19.4 KB, 72 views)
Judo Uchi mata.rpl (46.1 KB, 91 views)
Ippon seoi nage.rpl (27.5 KB, 105 views)
Better Hiza Guruma.rpl (33.1 KB, 59 views)
Hiza Guruma and decap.rpl (35.8 KB, 45 views)
Osoto Gari with body snap.rpl (38.3 KB, 73 views)
Uchi Mata + Decap.rpl (60.4 KB, 66 views)
Uchi mata.rpl (29.8 KB, 75 views)
Last edited by AKingT6; Jan 23, 2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
And oh,

More info

It is vital that you make sure hikite and tsurite do what they are supposed to do,which is pulling and lifting..in every turn,be sure that hikite is pulling uke's arm,and when the time is right,release the tsurite hand so that uke will hit the floor and not get stuck in mid air.

Please give me some feedback.. and btw, sorry if the Kuzushi replay sucked, it was made pretty much under 1 minute as I was lazy to create better examples.
You do know that people that play judo dont get pass the 3rd frames without make a dm to each other rigth? and that you can only trow and opponent in toribash if he lets you, theres no
"over powering" ur oppenent in toribash to just toss him around.....

just saying though
Of course I know that. U could hardly do anything close to a throw in Judo mod with the turnframe. And when the two players fight,it looks nothing close to Judo.

I find throws much more applicable in aikido mod.

and btw, i am not overpowering my opponent, in SP of course i have to use alot of strength to just put Uke into Kuzushi. But in multiplayer, I use the player's reaction(wheter he pushes or pulls me) to get the other guy into kuzushi and then I proceed to throw.
Realistic throws are pretty (darn) hard to pull off in Toribash. Mostly because of game is turn based and you have much time to react. It's pretty easy to break throws when you always (speaking of aikido, with normal settings) have over 30 seconds to break / counter opponents throw.

In the other hand using principles and ideas from aikido/judo/whatever is much easier and works pretty well. As example joints bend pretty much as they do in real life, so breaking them with locks / holds is pretty straightforward (though you probably want to hit with fist instead of forearm).
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
Realistic throws are pretty (darn) hard to pull off in Toribash. Mostly because of game is turn based and you have much time to react. It's pretty easy to break throws when you always (speaking of aikido, with normal settings) have over 30 seconds to break / counter opponents throw.

In the other hand using principles and ideas from aikido/judo/whatever is much easier and works pretty well. As example joints bend pretty much as they do in real life, so breaking them with locks / holds is pretty straightforward (though you probably want to hit with fist instead of forearm).

Very true, most of the hip based throws are super hard to pull of,only in some occasions I made them successful..but most of the reaping throws(ouchi gari,kouchi gari and etc) are very applicable in the game..reap and going for an ankle pick will pretty much make sure the guy will be going down to the floor.