Toribash
Original Post
+Shaders on Windows 7 vs Mac
I am duel booting my mac with Windows 7 on one side and Mac OS X 10.5.8 on the other side. Activating shaders and ray tracing on the mac side slowed the game to around 12 fps. When I ran shaders and ray tracing on my windows side the game ran at 30 fps with no noticeable slowdown. Any reason for this?
the prossessor of ur Mac isn't better than ur Windows 7 processor it's that i think

Never post on a computer related topic again, you don't understand the difference between hardware and software. ~ Vox
Last edited by Vox; Jun 11, 2010 at 05:08 AM.
The processor has nothing to do with the operative system. It's probably because of drivers not being up to date/supported as good as the Windows drivers for your graphics card. And in general, Windows is way ahead of Mac in games.
i run raytracing at 60 fps on my mac, do both computers have the same graphics cards and all?

Never post on a computer related topic again, you don't understand the difference between hardware and software or failed to read. ~ Vox
Last edited by Vox; Jun 11, 2010 at 05:09 AM.
It is the same computer. I run both operating systems on my MacBook Pro using bootcamp. Both systems are updated so I don't know why the mac side would run slower.
On my mac, ray-tracing doesn't slow down the fps

Failed to read other posts properly. ~ Vox
Last edited by Vox; Jun 11, 2010 at 05:09 AM.

Could be a drivers issue, check if the mac version has up to date drivers?
I searched around a bit but I couldn't figure out how to know if the drivers on my mac side are up to date. And if they aren't up to date I can't seem to find any way to update them. Does anyone know how?
Thanks for the help. I figured it out though. My computer somehow got turned to energy saver mode which turns off one of my graphics cards. I changed it back to performance mode and now the shaders work fine.