Ranking
Original Post
[ART]How to make Realistic Eyes on Photoshop CS4 (not much different from CS5 or 3)
OMG the Secrets out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For this tutorial I will be showing you how to make realistic eyes on photoshop CS4. Since I am only going to be making an eye I will be using a 128x128 pixel flat thingy (don’t know what its called ). Since I am relatively new to photoshop (started using it 2 months ago) I found that this way, although a little bit cheap, works fine. To begin google image realistic eyes, you will not be tracing this but will use it as reference. Once you find the eye you feel seems the most realistic and doable for you click on it and enlarge it.

Restore down your photoshop window so that it is above the internet browser of the eye. Pick a skin color and make a layer filling of that skin color, because im like color blind and cant seem to choose good skin colors I already have one preset on my swatches J. To make a layer filling click on layer>>new fill layer>>solid color. Now your screen should look like this.

Now let’s start on the eye. I tend to begin by drawing the eyelashes than the actual eye but wither way is fine. Using the lasso tool draw the eyelashes and fill it in with black. Remember your not actually drawing an eye by hand and you aren’t copying the picture exactly so don’t draw out each eyelash unless you have a lot of spare time and you really like the smudge tool. The eye should look like this so far.

Next open layers and click the very first color filling layer. And draw the outline of the eye using once again the lasso tool. Fill in the eye with pure white. Since this new layer was made under the eyelashes it should appear underneath the lashes.Draw the eye thingy that I have no idea whats called and color it in with an extremely light pink it should now look like this.

We’ll worry about details later so make a pupil using the ellipse tool and color it black. It should look like this.

Double click the layer and add a stroke around it but change the color of the stroke to whatever you want the eye to be and make the size of the stroke however large you want the eye to be…it should look like this. Please note to make the eye an oval so that when you make it into a head texture it will become a circle.

Using the oval tool go back a layer and add a black oval behind the eye so that it looks like this

Now time to add details, using the pen and lasso tool once agan… gotta love it <3 make the details on the eye on a new layer that somewhat parallel the reference picture I don’t really want to explain it because it gets pretty boring so figure it out on your own. It should look like this. Lower the opacity. (But please remember to blur and lower the opacity of the white shine in the eye)

Now this pat requires you to have at least a little bit of dodge burn experience and using these two AMAZING tools go on the first color layer and rape shit up not really but add finer details on ALL of the layers but start on the first layer. And work your way up actually all except for the black layers… o.o. remember that after you rasterize each layer click on the right box not the colored one but the one with shit on it. When you’re done it should kind of look like this.

Don’t mind the sketchiness hah aim using a mouse so don’t blame me but honestly it won’t matter since its going to be seen minimized and all you want are the general shadings ^^.

For the last step use the smudge tool and smooth out all of the details so that you can be somewhat satisfied with your work also this is when you can make a ton of eyelashes haha. Remember to blur the pupil to give it a more watery texture. Final product should look like this.

This is an example of a head i made using this technique and feel free to comment rate and if ur cool buy one of my heads from my shop in my sig. (btw the eyes in these aren't nearly as detailed since they are made with a smaller canvas therefor not enough pixles to shade x.x
except i used anime eyes as reference for these 2 o.o but its basically the same thing
Last edited by joshyjojo; Jun 15, 2011 at 07:13 AM.
Wanna play some [CHESS]? <3
i actually dont know anything about the older versions but your welcome peeps i kinda meant the outta ten thingy wen i said rate but thx nyways! hhaha
Last edited by joshyjojo; Jun 15, 2011 at 07:16 AM.
Wanna play some [CHESS]? <3