Ranking
Original Post
[SP/MP]鉄拳 Sparring for dummies 鉄拳
Hello fellow toribashers, This tutorial will teach you on how to spar I can’t think of an awesome introduction right now so here are the steps on how to make a good spar.

STEP 1: FINDING THE MOD
Some people would usually pick xspar.tbm I would say that the spar would be …. Not enjoyable … I mean a spar with no environment it’s kind non realistic, feel me? That’s why I would recommend that you would choose a sparring mod with environments. I said that you must choose a good sparring mod so that you may do some environmental attacks.

STEP 2: SETTING UP YOUR MATCH
You would want more frames for more entertainment some people would choose 1000 frames but I would say 1500 frames. Always remember to turn off the dm and fractures so that it won’t ruin the flow of the spar.

STEP 3: STARTING THE SPAR
Here it is the thing you have been waiting for. Some people would start their spar with a run going towards each other but for pro’s … it’s a whole new ball game … Pro’s would usually start the match by doing spin kicks, punching, twirls etc…

STEP 3 B: STARTING THE SPAR
Some would prefer using their wushu moves for fluidity at the start (just like me) You are free to do whatever you want.

STEP 4: FIGHTING STYLES & WEAK POINTS
This is the most important part. Now if you want awesome moves I would say that you must use google as a reference for a couple of cool moves. I would say using some of karate moves such as the front punch, round house etc… You may also make your own style of your own and remember that originality counts.

STEP 4 B: FIGHING STYLES & WEAK POINTS
If you did not know the weak points yet well here are some weak points I know …

Frontal lobe of the head, Back of the head, spine, lumbar and of course the groin

Keep in mind that once you are hit in one of those you must do what a real person would do, maybe try to hold that part that is injured or make a hit effect like when you are hit on the frontal lobe of the head you contract the neck to show that the hit made an impact on you.

STEP 4 C: FIGHTING STYLES & WEAK POINTS
Remember to block, without blocks the matches would usually be one-sided. So after you do a block/dodge you must try to hit so that the match wouldn’t be one-sided. If your opponent KEEPS on blocking/dodging try to do a throw a throw is where you grab your opponent then do this some kind of special move.

STEP 5 A: FATAL MOVES, SIGNATURE MOVES AND FINISHING THE SPAR
Fatal moves … if you would remember the weak points try to make one fatal move on your own try to see how a normal person would react to those moves like falling backwards, forward etc... the fatal move you created shall now your signature move

STEP 5 B: FATAL MOVES, SIGNATURE MOVES AND FINISHING THE SPAR
You may finish the spar when you have at most 300 frames left. Try to use your signature move or maybe a deadly combo you may also use a throw on your opponent. In the last 300 frames chat with your opponent on who will do the finishing move. After the move try to make your pose.

~ Kinjin the training dummy
These are only your opinions on what you'd like for a spar. There are many other things to experiment with, a spar can be whatever you want it to be.

Also this:

I'd rather have a good looking spar than a realistic one -- Notnoob
私の顔にそれを言う。