ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: I set shaders to 1 on Toribash 3.06 and..
Shaders worked already on 3.05 or below :-p
53 Votes / 23.14%
Shaders are on :-D
24 Votes / 10.48%
Shaders are on after disabling some graphics features :-)
25 Votes / 10.92%
Shaders are off even after disabling all graphics features :-(
87 Votes / 37.99%
Toribash crashes :-o
40 Votes / 17.47%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by odd View Post
not working
failed to load texture data/textures/cursor/cb
failed to load texture data/textures/buttons/ready
failed to load texture data/textures//indicator
OpenGL 2.0 not supported
GL_ARB_shader_objects not present
GL_ARB_fragment_shader not present
GL_ARB_vertex_shader not present
Unable to retrieve login information
OpenGL 2.0 not supported
OpenGL 2.0 not supported

Card name: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

Pretty obvious, get yourself a better graphics card.
I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

http://toritori9.on.toribash.com
*sigh*

Can you people please read the previous posts in this thread before telling us that shaders don't work? There are two things that you can do to try and get shaders to work, which are as follows:
  1. Turn off some of the options - specifically Liquid Blood, Soft Shadows and Reflections. This can help problems with shaders.
  2. Buy a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2 shading. If your current card doesn't support OpenGL 2, then you can't use shaders. Simple as.
  3. Also read the entirety of the first post on this thread and see if anything that Stilf has suggested helps.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
GeForce 7300 GS
Help.

ooopss - now everything works!
Last edited by TrojanWar; Jan 8, 2008 at 04:06 PM.
This is how i got it to work:

I had to turn all the options off (reflection, fluid blood, skip frames and soft shadows) hit enter, go back into options then enable shaders and it should work. You can then go in and enable the other options except soft shadows, for me as soon as you enable that it turns off.

Also make sure you have any older versions uninstalled, this only worked after i uninstalled an earlier version.

edit:

Oh i have an ATI 9600+ XT Overdrive on Windows XP SP2
my shaders just don't work... Eliteo0 says that I have a bad graphics card.
Then that's probably it. What graphics card do you have?
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Shader linking: Warning: varying cameragpos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in software due to the GLSL fragment shader running in software. The GLSL fragment shader will run in software - available number of texture instructions exceeded.
Shader linking: Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in software due to the GLSL fragment shader running in software. The GLSL fragment shader will run in software - available number of texture instructions exceeded.
Shader linking: Warning: varying cameragpos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Warning: varying color is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Warning: varying normal is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in software due to the GLSL fragment shader running in software. The GLSL fragment shader will run in software - available number of texture instructions exceeded.
Shader linking: Warning: varying texturekoord is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in hardware. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.
Shader linking: Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in hardware. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.
Shader linking: Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in software due to the GLSL fragment shader running in software. The GLSL fragment shader will run in software - available number of texture instructions exceeded.
Shader linking: Warning: varying color is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in hardware. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.
Warning: varying globalpos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Shader linking: Warning: varying globalpos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Shader linking: Warning: varying globalpos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Warning: varying normal is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Warning: varying globalpos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Shader linking: Link successful. The GLSL vertex shader will run in hardware. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware.
Shader linking: Warning: varying camerapos is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.
Warning: varying texcoord is written to in the vertex shader but not read in the fragment shader.

My file called "stderr" has all this crap in it. Can someone help?