ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
unplayable lag
the other day i started getting 15-20 fps ingame now, ive been max settings for like 7 years what gives?

its been about a week now and its still not playable, every other game i play works fine
Last edited by Kirito; Apr 22, 2023 at 04:39 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
update: ive reinstalled windows, reinstalled toribash, updated/reinstalled cpu and gpu drivers. didnt make a difference, it has something to do with the floor reflections, whenever i have that on now my pc cant get above 30 fps, which is weird since i get 300-400 fps on csgo, 250-300 on apex. i didnt change any hardware or anything toribash just randomly stopped working for me, someone help me ;-;
-----
cpu: intel i5-9400F gpu:RTX 2060 SC ULTRA
Last edited by Kirito; Apr 24, 2023 at 08:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
yeah that fixed the lag but why is it happening out of nowhere, ive just had to play without shaders now to get decent fps and annoying my elitist smooth brain i want muh fancy graphics again
ive been messing with my cpu and gpu settings to see if it makes a diff and it doesnt, i got better fps in my other games now but toribash just bricks my pc to 20 fps now im so lost
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Can you check the resource usage in task manager (assuming you're on Windows), anything abnormal happening there?
Reflections do affect performance but on your hardware you should be getting max framerate with no issues.
Shaders: 60-70% on my cpu usage and around 20% gpu - 20 to 30 fpsNo shaders: 20-30% CPU and around 10-20% GPU - max fps(75)

also 10gb of ram out of 16gb is being used on either settings
-----
when i get off work ill try to take some screenshots or record my screen
Last edited by Kirito; May 1, 2023 at 09:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Is that being used by Toribash alone or in general?

Any errors in stderr.txt?
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Is that being used by Toribash alone or in general?

Any errors in stderr.txt?

i was just looking at the overall numbersthe stderr file says this with max graphics

Initiated with OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 531.68
Unable to open mod data/mod/xspar.tbm\ -- typoed while loading mod
Unable to open C:/Users/placeholder/Saved Games/Toribash/ -- idk why this is here the game was loaded thru steam
Bumpmapping supported
Depth of field supported!
-----
Last edited by Kirito; May 2, 2023 at 09:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Nothing else in stderr?
Do you have a Toribash folder in Saved Games and game client just fails to access it or is it not there at all?
If it's not there, how does your config file look like? Assuming it never loads the one from Saved Games, you'd need to look for custom.cfg file in your Toribash installation folder.

That screenshot isn't a lot of help unfortunately, RAM usage generally doesn't affect overall performance in Toribash - CPU and GPU usage are more important in that sense.
nothing else shows up in stderr, i had just launched and went into freeplay and loaded a mod, the config file is in the saved games one and i guess it fails to access it, it doesnt show up in my tb steam folder anywhere
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message: