ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
can't join servers
Hi,

I have the steam client which is up to date. Just tried to join some servers and client locks up as soon as I try and join a server.

I played 8 hours straight yesterday so no issues with my setup?

Is there some known issue with the servers at the moment?
There was issues on the forums and ingame last night, not sure if they're still ongoing though. There has been some difficulty joining servers for people with poorer connections but I'm not 100% as to whether Toribash is likely to seize up because of this issue. Try updating your graphics card drivers and relaunching - also, a speed test wouldn't hurt.
collect snots from the nose
gfx is up to date and as I said, played 8 hours straight yesterday so connection is solid.

8mbps down .75mbs up
My toribash just instantly crashes when im trying to join servers.Yesterday it worked perfectly.And our other computer has the same problem.
SUPPORT ?
Originally Posted by WozNZ View Post
gfx is up to date and as I said, played 8 hours straight yesterday so connection is solid.

8mbps down .75mbs up

You restarted your computer like hampa asked and the problem has still persisted or no?

Originally Posted by Valha View Post
My toribash just instantly crashes when im trying to join servers.Yesterday it worked perfectly.And our other computer has the same problem.
SUPPORT ?

Have you tried all that WozNZ has? Lowering your graphics settings, updating your drivers, testing your internet speed and restarting your computer? If any of these work then let us know, if they don't feel free to let us know also so we can try sort it.
collect snots from the nose
We had an issue with our DNS server (converting from hostnames to IPs). It is fixed now but will take a while for it to be updated over Internet.
just tested and appears to be working now. So yes the dns issues look like the cause. I will test again tonight when I get back from work and see if ok still