Ranking
Original Post
Ranking question. Please help!
So I understand that ranking is based on how well you play. The better you do the lower your rank is. My question is, why is my rank so miserable. Im a blackbelt and my rank is 270,000 and have a win ratio of 50% and a judofrac mod rank of 11,000. And then I see people that have a rank of 7000 with a win ratio of 45%... How does this make any sense? Does this 270,000 rank reset when I hit 2nd Dan or am I stuck with this horrendous number. And I'm actually a good player. I'll be in tourneys and go on 10 streaks and stuff. I just don't understand this.
Ranking takes into account who you are playing against. If you lose against a badly ranked player you lose a lot elo points, if you win against him you get only a few. On the other side if the person who you beat has a much great rank, you get more points for that win and if you lose, you lose only a small amount of points.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
So my global rank will stay like this until i beat a ton of players that have a super good rank?? It does reset every belt?
No it does not reset. Only admins can reset your rank. My rank is around 40, but I worked many days hardly for it, defeated high-rank people n stuff, and no, your rank wont stay as what it is, if you keep losing, your rank gets worse, if you keep winning a lot, your rank gets better. toribash uses '' elo '' rating system, wich is like nuthug explained, losing to low elo people, you lose more elo rating, winning high-elo people makes you get more elo. better elo, better rank. (By the way, win ratio gets smaller when you get more qi, like if you had 70% win ratio when you were black belt, your elo rating is 7% when you are 10th dan black belt.)

Cheers.

Apathetic User