Ranking
Original Post
How do i make myself "ranked"?
When i see my stats in game, says that i am Blue Belt: Unranked.
First question: What is this rank?
Second question: How do i make myself "Ranked"?
This is your global rank. It represents "basically" how good you are at mods all around. In order to become ranked, you must win games. The more games you with, the lower you become ranked. For example, say there's 3,000,000 people that play toribash. If you're ranked 10,000, then you are ranked the 10,000th best player out of 3,000,000, the lower your rank the better. Hope that helps.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Actually its not all true. Like my rank is 1.3 million something. Im a great player its just that I was inactive for along time and that I fight strong opponents.
There is also mod ranking. This is the ranking within the subdivision of the mods that make up the game. For example, aikido is a mod. If 100k people played aikido, and you beat the 100th best player, then you would rise up in the rankings in both total rank as well as aikido.
blah
Oh, it's not about the rank that shows up below your name. Do you know when you type like /stats (player name) ? So it is written unranked in there. Is that the same rank as the Global Rank or is it different? And why is it Unranked?
Originally Posted by Scramjet1 View Post
Actually its not all true. Like my rank is 1.3 million something. Im a great player its just that I was inactive for along time and that I fight strong opponents.

Forgot to mention that to. If you don't play enough, your global rank will decrease significantly due to inactivity.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
answer
Originally Posted by Scramjet1 View Post

Actually if you have a high rank it doesnt change so much due to inactivity. I left Toribash when I was rank 2k and it was 10k 6 months later
Leon The Black
Just to be completely clear on the ranking and inactivity. Your ranking is adjusted by the Elo system, a number which is generally around 1500-1700. It is the special guy behind what your global and mod ranks are, you generally get anywhere from +0.50 to +2.00 Elo points per win, and -0.50 to -2.00 for losses. Everyone has an Elo rating, a computer recognizes all these ratings as numbers and sorts them in descending order (1700 obviously being better than 1500).

Anyway, Toribash recognizes your Elo rating and locates where on the list, what your global / mod rank is. Toribash will try it's best to match your Elo rating to an accurate Global ranking. If you have been playing and frequently losing, your Elo will gradually decrease in number. Your Global ranking will not react to this instantly, it will gradually increase upwards to a higher number eg: 1600 Elo rating being 900,000 and you've lost a few matches so your Elo Rating has dropped to 1595. Your Global ranking might only display 900,030 for now, but that's because it hasn't reached your real ranking at that moment in time. Then say you come back online a week later, it's now at 1,200,000 Global Ranking. Surprise! Your Global Ranking has gotten to it's actual rank, which took some time.

Also, as for Inactivity, other players are constantly registering new accounts, which are added to the system, those players get good, and eventually might rank up above you. Therefore dropping your rank by 1 yet again. So after something like a 6 month break, there's plenty more players and it is also likely to cause you to drop in global rank.

If there's anything i missed on that, be sure to let me know. I hope this helps a few of you.

Sparky~

EDIT: forgot to mention, if you'd like to understand the Elo Rating behind the Rankings, check out this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
I'm sure others said. But I'll confirm it too. :P you need to win games. And sometimes the ranks screw up. Like, swapping ranks with someone if their rank is worse And yours is better. And if they're kind of close to each other. Even though mine is 4500 something. I don't see it as a real thing. Since it jumped from 14,000 to 4000 just from one battle with a beginner. Makes no sense.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."